IGNORED

Broken 1UP Racks

So I recently picked up a partly broken 1UP rack from a friend who was in a car accident. The bike rack was pretty banged up, but with some finagling I was able to piece together a near complete 1 bike rack from the 2 bike rack I received. I was hoping that if someone else had an old broken rack laying around or recently got in an accident with one (hope you are ok) that I could take it off your hands in hopes of scavenging it for parts rather than it winding up in the trash.

I would rather bring an old rack back to life than just buy a new one or buy new parts. Thanks in advance!

Edited by csmceuen

14 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

I don't have any spares but is there any chance, you'll end up with an extra 2" Receiver? Either the whole assembly below or just the black portion (color doesn't matter)

image.png.2f06bb3bb354e7ce3955968979734229.png

The rack I have had this part in-tact so if I manage to come across another rack that part is yours. I wish I would have thought of doing this a few months back since I had another friend who had his replaced after a wreck. Its nice how replaceable all the parts in these racks are. As well as interchangeable. Great design.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

I don't have any spares but is there any chance, you'll end up with an extra 2" Receiver? Either the whole assembly below or just the black portion (color doesn't matter)

image.png.2f06bb3bb354e7ce3955968979734229.png

Um, you wouldn't happen to have these in a cad file along with dimensions?

15 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Um, you wouldn't happen to have these in a cad file along with dimensions?

8 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

one up also sells replacement parts for these racks. in case you did already know 

https://www.1up-usa.com/product-category/parts/

Sorry, @Yosmithy, the website that Seth posted is where I got that pic. However, I've worked with CAD for 13 years. Give me any part of that rack and I can measure/ CAD it up for you in a jiffy (for personal reasons only of course).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

one up also sells replacement parts for these racks. in case you did already know 

https://www.1up-usa.com/product-category/parts/

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 1.35.21 PM.png

Yep! Just hoping someone would have it laying around and I could recycle it. I have the parts I need in the cart, but thought it was worth a shot since alot of people wont go through the effort of repairing and I only need a few smaller parts of larger pieces they sell.

1 minute ago, csmceuen said:

Yep! Just hoping someone would have it laying around and I could recycle it. I have the parts I need in the cart, but thought it was worth a shot since alot of people wont go through the effort of repairing and I only need a few smaller parts of larger pieces they sell.

Have you tried contacting them. If you tell them it was damaged in a crash and you need several parts they might be willing to make a custom order.