IGNORED

Walnut Conditions, 4/11

17 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Stay off Windy Loop for another day or so. Mark's Art has water in the creek crossings but the rest is dry.

I was there last night as well. I went into Mark's only to turn around and go the other way. The first xing had water flowing, so I didn't think it would be worthwhile to ride it. But IMO Windy is just fine, good in fact, so long as you use the alternate entrance/exit instead of the seeping mess that is the entrance/exit by the creek. That thing will be wet for a long while I bet. 

Pretty much you just continue straight like you're going to ride Windy backwards (clock-wise). But just before the trail goes into the trees, there is a 90 degree right turn. It is very well defined, but still easy to miss. The trail cuts into Windy proper just after all the muddy seeping bits. 

1529194429_Windyalt.JPG.59ad3ee802f826157ad1636e2c1d17a3.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Pretty much you just continue straight like you're going to ride Windy backwards (clock-wise). But just before the trail goes into the trees, there is a 90 degree right turn. It is very well defined, but still easy to miss. The trail cuts into Windy proper just after all the muddy seeping bits. 

1529194429_Windyalt.JPG.59ad3ee802f826157ad1636e2c1d17a3.JPG

You will feel like you missed it gone too far - but keep going. Only if you reach the normal 'exit' have you gone too far.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barry said:

I was there last night as well. I went into Mark's only to turn around and go the other way. The first xing had water flowing, so I didn't think it would be worthwhile to ride it. But IMO Windy is just fine, good in fact, so long as you use the alternate entrance/exit instead of the seeping mess that is the entrance/exit by the creek. That thing will be wet for a long while I bet. 

Marks is actually good because while there are creek crossings, they are all basically armored with rocks. There was one I stopped and jumped over but for the rest of them they were rideable.

• Like 1

I am out of state but just looked at the radar to see the rain back home. My gut says that walnut is gonna get hit. If it does get rain, stay off of it for ~48 hours and let it dry out. Based on the fact that it got a ton of rain last week, it will not do as well this week if it is hit again. 

ARR Work crew meeting at by the pool lot tomorrow morning at 8:30 am.  Plan is to build a sweet berm on point 6 if the dirt is cooperating.  Come out and dig in the morning while the wind and sun dries out the trail so you can ride in the afternoon!

Edited by Tree Magnet

• 2 weeks later...

We got a couple of inches just two days ago right down the road from Walnut. I seriously doubt that anything under tree cover is ready to ride yet. Tomorrow might be good.

If you do decide to try it, just turn around if you run into mud. It is a serious PITA to fix ruts and I think everyone would rather build berms and features than full in rutted out puddles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...