IGNORED

Bandera Bike Park

3 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

Who would have thought that we have not one but TWO bikes parks with lift/shuttle service less than 2 hours from Austin? Put that on the Austin MTB resume along with the work going on at Peddlers and things are really looking great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of this happens because we have people digging and people advocating. It builds a community and then these things spring up because there is evidence that if they build it people will come.

Public facing things like ARR, Freeride 512, RPR, RHR, Brushy Creek, etc all signal to potential developers that money can be made here.

To quote a great song, “nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd”

• Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 12:48 PM, cxagent said:

To somebody who sits at a computer making web sites all day everyday - this might be "a good picture" to use. At least it is a fat tired mountain bike instead of a road bike.

If it's that clean it's definitely a road bike.

• Haha 1

I live close enough to check this out.  If they continue to add trails it'll be awesome to add it to Flat Rock and to Hill Country SNA.  Man, I could imagine an awesome loop of Bandera BP and HCSNA.  People poo poo HCSNA but those are people who just don't know the route that is bike friendly.  

1 hour ago, sherpaxc said:

People poo poo HCSNA but those are people who just don't know the route that is bike friendly.  

Some of those people are willing to be shown otherwise.

Also, do you have any feedback as to whether HC has recovered from the winter rains? Word was this it was a huge wash-out.

Edit: I mean specifically this post: https://austinmountainbiking.com/index.php?/topic/354-hill-country-natural-areabandera/&do=findComment&comment=5806

Edited by Barry

Yeah, the rains created a fair amount of issues.  Most all of it is fine now but there are a few sections that are rockier than normal.  It is all kind of relative I feel like.  If you compare it to City Park and the GB I'd say it's pretty similar in a lot of places but obviously nothing like Flat Rock.  It's all in perspective I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

MOne of the rules I live by on the trail- always ride your own shit first. Call me captain  Guinea pig. 

A few things went wrong here- firstly my cleats and pedals are worn out and I popped out right off the lip, then the landing was too short/ I was going too fast and overshot the landing and landed to flat, rolled front tire and nose wheelie OTB into the camera man. 

We we were both completely unscathed! 😆🙏💀

Edited by Seths Pool
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Seths Pool said:

It’s way ether in person and there’s a lot more there, but check it out! 

12 minutes ago, notyal said:

Typo + drug reference = quotes from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

ohhh I understand now. I meant to type "better" and auto correct must've changed it to "ether"

but I cant help but like how a type-o gets more responses than the video subject matter. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2