IGNORED

Heart Attacks and stuff

4 hours ago, AustinBike said:

What you will find about sleep as you get older is that the wakeup time is anchored in stone. If you want to impact your total sleep time, you need to work on starting earlier. 

That's absolutely right, AustinBike.

My father is 96 and has always had a regimen of hitting the bed around 9pm when he could. He was a commercial pilot for 35 years, so there were long transatlantic flights that threw his regimen off... But for the most part, that's what he followed... 9pm hit the bed... Up around 5:30am... Go for a three or four mile walk (up and down hills)... Come back have his coffee and breakfast, and read his newspapers... And always a nap of about two hours after lunch, which was always around 1pm. And a light, early dinner.

And I know from my own experience that when I have a couple days of getting to bed by 10pm, I just feel better. Unfortunately though, I'm a bit of a night owl. Trying to change that though.

All these things that are within our control can make such a difference to our overall health.

Edited by RidingAgain

15 hours ago, AustinBike said:

What you will find about sleep as you get older is that the wakeup time is anchored in stone. If you want to impact your total sleep time, you need to work on starting earlier. 

Unfortunately, If I were to follow that rule, I'd be sleeping until 2-3pm everyday. As it is, I need to do that Sat-Tues, but unwilling to do that Wed-Fri (MY weekend)...I'm sure I'd probably feel a bit better if I DID keep same sleep schedule on my days off, but that's just not going to happen.