IGNORED

I want a hard tail

My first bike was a fs 29 based on some biking friend recommendations and while I love that bike and I’m very comfortable, a year ago I bought a Salsa Timberjack 27.5.  I found quite a few riding flaws I had by learning on the fs and love riding that bike. I’ve changed out the hub, tires, and cut down the bars just a bit, but otherwise I like it a lot. 

Doubt you're going to find to many people on here trying to change your mind.  Personally I have a SS HT and a FS.    The HT is a Salsa ElMariachi and I love it but I don't think I could go to only riding a HT.  I do take it on 1/4 notch occasionally but the pounding takes it's toll so my vote would be keep the FS and add a HT.  A plus bike or a 29er that you can run larger tires on will help smooth things out but the Timberjack is a nice bike and you can get one relatively inexpensively.    Would also look at the Karate Monkey and a Canfield nimble 9 but building one would run a bit more $$.  Good luck 🙂 

1 hour ago, tomreece said:

My first bike was a 2018 Specialized Rockhopper. I sold it and upgraded to a 2018 Transition Smuggler.

I miss that bike. I want to buy a new hard tail.

Change my mind or recommend me something.

Can't change your mind.  I ride 29'er rigid or HT over my squishy bike.

Recommendation:

Karate Monkey

For something unusual, scour the interwebs for a SE Stout 29'er

I love my FS but I wanted something totally different so I got a 29+ HT and turned it into a single speed with flat pedals. It is so damn much fun and I love it on so many trails. Walnut, SATN, half of Brushy, and other ‘non-ledgy’ trails that are relatively smooth are perfect.

I got a used bike for cheap and I’m riding the crap out of it. It’s totally worth it but I’m not giving up my squishy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my FS but I wanted something totally different so I got a 29+ HT and turned it into a single speed with flat pedals. It is so damn much fun and I love it on so many trails. Walnut, SATN, half of Brushy, and other ‘non-ledgy’ trails that are relatively smooth are perfect.

I got a used bike for cheap and I’m riding the crap out of it. It’s totally worth it but I’m not giving up my squishy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you get?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Trek Stache - You can rent one at BSS and check it out.  I thought I would hate the big tires but it doesn't handle like it looks.  It's a completely different style of riding and I'm finding that when I translate that over to my FS that I'm smoother just about every where on the trail.

Trek Stache - You can rent one at BSS and check it out.  I thought I would hate the big tires but it doesn't handle like it looks.  It's a completely different style of riding and I'm finding that when I translate that over to my FS that I'm smoother just about every where on the trail.
Ahhhhhh yea. It's on my short list. Took a look at CB's the other day and yes it's strange to ride.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, tomreece said:

My first bike was a 2018 Specialized Rockhopper. I sold it and upgraded to a 2018 Transition Smuggler.

I miss that bike. I want to buy a new hard tail.

Change my mind or recommend me something.

Honzo. One of the few bikes i still miss to this day.

image (3).jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, notyal said:

Don't do it. All you ever need is one bike - a full suspension with gears. If you must get a second bike, it should only be an e-bike. Zero exceptions. 

Well shit.  I have 5 bikes.

Full sus with gears and dropper

Hardtail with gears and dropper

Hardtail SS

Hardtail FUSSY (Fully Unsuspended SingleSpeed Yo)

Gravel/Road SS

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, notyal said:

You're obviously doing it wrong.  

Obviously.  Especially since one of them is a 26er frame, but runs 27.5 wheels.  One is a 26er frame, but runs 29er wheels.  And none of them have suspension over 110mm travel or more than 10 speeds and no cassette larger than 46 tooth!

22 minutes ago, Shinerider said:

Obviously.  Especially since one of them is a 26er frame, but runs 27.5 wheels.  One is a 26er frame, but runs 29er wheels.  And none of them have suspension over 110mm travel or more than 10 speeds and no cassette larger than 46 tooth!

Yeah, but how many watts is your biggest motor?