IGNORED

Lockhart Hearbreaker gravel race

I have not seen a map yet. how far do you have to go before you repeat a "lap?"

I signed up for Come and Grind It 100k earlier this year. the 100k was just two laps of the 50k course. it was hot an humid, so after the first lap, I saw cold beer and shade and didn't want to see all those pastures again. I called it a day after 50.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheX said:

I think I'll sign up for the 50K chill ride, just to get out there and meet some new people.

Nice! 

The manager at my old LBS (Buda Bike Company) used to be/is still involved with these. You might check their social media for map/info etc. Good luck to you guys

1 hour ago, mack_turtle said:

I have not seen a map yet. how far do you have to go before you repeat a "lap?"

I signed up for Come and Grind It 100k earlier this year. the 100k was just two laps of the 50k course. it was hot an humid, so after the first lap, I saw cold beer and shade and didn't want to see all those pastures again. I called it a day after 50.

No laps on the Breaker - it's just one big grind regardless of distance. I think the 200km covered 3-4 counties and we ended up way south of i-10 at one point.

2 hours ago, JRIDER said:

what are some good tires for this event if you have a 29" hardtail mtb?  

X2 on the ikons, and you can use them on the trails also.

If all else i have some lighter, fast rolling WTBs and geax i dont uses that'll let go for a good deal if you need.

what are some good tires for this event if you have a 29" hardtail mtb?  

Aspens 2.25

Bontrager XR2 team issue 2.2

These tires are almost as fast as my slicks on pavement. I give up less than 1 mph on solo rides to the slicks.

These tires also hook very well and punch above their weight.

I run ikons and other tires, but the two mentioned tires would be my pick. Also great tires for SATN and Walnut. I like the Aspen in rear for the greenbelt until it gets bald.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, JRIDER said:

I've never done a gravel grinder or ridden in this area.  What is the recommended tire pressure for a 29" ht mtb with 2.2 tires?

I'm signed up for 100k, but may have to bail out at 50k due to some other commitments. 

I'll be super general and take a stab at your weight, since it's weight dependent. 150-180lbs 25ish psi, 180-200lbs 30ish psi, 200+lbs 35psi. Rear tire 5psi over the front tire pressure.