IGNORED

Mysteries of the Universe

Ridenfool

There are those inexplicable aspects we encounter in our lives that beg recognition, perhaps even focused pontification upon the powers or properties involved.

Allow me to begin with an example. I invite those similarly afflicted with curious queries to follow suit.

The Dotted Line

Some institutional toilet tissue manufacturers appear to have mastered manipulation of physical properties that defy my understanding of physics. These rolls in question consist, as expected, of individual sheets. There are perforations between each sheet to (presumably) allow them to be cleanly separated at the perforation when pulled apart.

Yet, somehow there are rolls being distributed and put into use which appear to consistently be stronger at the perforations than at any other place on the sheet, resulting in tears never occurring at the perforation. Now, I have accumulated years of experience testing for this phenomena and can unashamedly boast when I say that I really know this shit.

What would be the nature of the physics behind this?

Once the secret is discovered, could it somehow be employed in the manufacture of carbon components? Could they be made stronger by use of perforated sheets of carbon fiber that share these unique physical properties?

The truth is out there.

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Haha 1