IGNORED

Little Walnut Creek Master Plam

I think that as long as a.) ARR is engaged b.) the city is acknowledging that mountain biking is an established activity already and c.) the city will rly on ARR to help with the trail plan, then I am fine with this proposal. 

In any project like this there are lots of opinions. I’d rather have the understanding of the process to move forward than concrete plans because those are too difficult to get agreement on with a broad plan. 

Patience, grasshopper (assuming that ARR is engaged because they are looking out for you.)

I think AustinBike nailed it.

The is a "community plan". Also known as a compromise. Nobody gets everything but most people get something. Keep in mind that these compromises are a lot like some of the "discussions" on this board. Some people have all the answers and everyone must be beaten into relenting to their opinion. 

In my humble opinion the potential for killer MTB trails was HUGE. But there were too many competing interests so compromises had to be made. Getting it recognized that MTB was appropriate and allowed on what were termed "nature trails" was a major win. Without that one I would consider that area to be a total loss for MTB'rs. As it is, there is potential near and long term.

ETA - We can all thank Derrick (sp?) for staying on top of this when others had to move on to more pressing issues. What was that saying? "It takes a village!"

Edited by cxagent
  • Like 1

From the plan, page 11...a couple of cute kids drawings. But...what the shit is this?

image.png.924ffa781f893369738832ce0c223a9a.png

Dynamite? A log with a snake crawling out? A tampon? It looks to me that the kid drew someone cleaning garbage, and this far away lady with the garbage bag has to pick up this seemingly unused tampon. Thankfully she has a trash picker with her.  

• Haha 3

Anytime I see a new park master plan with the phrase "Mountain biking may continue along many of these trails.", along with bike parking and a "cycle track" that's a win in my book. I'm so tired of seeing huge amounts of land being donated as public land only to have the master plan come out showing at most a 16' wide shared use "path" with no mention of natural trails being available for mountain biking or even specific mention that mountain biking is prohibited...I'm looking at you WILCO.

I see this as just the beginning. These are the "original" trails. I can see it growing from here. At least it's something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

From the plan, page 11...a couple of cute kids drawings. But...what the shit is this?

Dynamite? A log with a snake crawling out? A tampon? It looks to me that the kid drew someone cleaning garbage, and this far away lady with the garbage bag has to pick up this seemingly unused tampon. Thankfully she has a trash picker with her.  

Not too ashamed that I, too, viewed this as a giant tampon.  I'm actually quite pleased that someone else noticed it.

Just now, spicewookie said:

Not too ashamed that I, too, viewed this as a giant tampon. 

I think it's a normal sized tampon. The kid is just playing with perspective. The perspective is from someone laying on the ground a couple of feet from the normal size tampon, and the lady and tree are 40 feet away. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for explaining this better. I was frankly heartbroken when this was first released because of the lack of biking trails in it. There is so much potential in this tract for awesome mountain biking. I hope the trail system will expand over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, notyal said:

As long as we are critiquing this kid's art with adult themes, do those rocks look like a flacid cock 'n balls to anyone else? 

Or the person in the background could have just decapitated the dragon from the Neverending Story, or a giant spaniel.

20 hours ago, Barry said:

+1 on the tampon, with a pungent odor of canine feces quilting the humid air.