IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

Gumdrop? Dang those houses on the ridge are pumping the fertilizer in their lawn
Yea Gumdrop. I just noticed that it looks like I am rolling a 16 in the back and 29 up front.
Must be why I am so awesome with the sweet jumps rolling with Pedro

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

When your bike has higher aspirations than you do...

image.png.e9162064ce671d264a10d1f59e43fdbd.png

I actually like that. I wish the biking world could come up with some guidelines for riding like this. From a marketing perspective it would help the guys trying to sell $5K bikes and help differentiate against the low end bikes. Everything is relative, but something like this could be good for the industry.

2 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I actually like that. I wish the biking world could come up with some guidelines for riding like this. From a marketing perspective it would help the guys trying to sell $5K bikes and help differentiate against the low end bikes. Everything is relative, but something like this could be good for the industry.

So, what you are roughly saying is that you feel the manufacturers should jump on this idea ?

Edited by Ridenfool

I am a networking analyst. One of the things the industry did is change all of the nomenclature. Instead of 802.11n or 802.11ac or 802.11b they changed to WiFi1 through WiFi6. Because 6 is higher than 5 (logical) and there is a lack of logic on the letters (AC is higher than N...)

People can figure out what "level" of WiFi is supported, it was far easier than having to figure out if one was better than another. I'd love to see companies find a way of trying to do this as well. But it would have to be standardized, so that, for instance, a Specialized "level 5" should be able to take the same level of abuse as a Yeti "Level 5", and so on.

I particularly enjoy it when I can explain how I have just made a pun when the subtlety evades detection. This time, punning with the words found on the image of the bike frame, "rough" and "jump," specifically.

In all other regards the Type-whatever personality I have is on board with seeing such standards adopted, but, that has absolutely nothing to do with the joy of a pun that was delivered, then, explained. :classic_wink:

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I am a networking analyst. One of the things the industry did is change all of the nomenclature. Instead of 802.11n or 802.11ac or 802.11b they changed to WiFi1 through WiFi6. Because 6 is higher than 5 (logical) and there is a lack of logic on the letters (AC is higher than N...)

People can figure out what "level" of WiFi is supported, it was far easier than having to figure out if one was better than another. I'd love to see companies find a way of trying to do this as well. But it would have to be standardized, so that, for instance, a Specialized "level 5" should be able to take the same level of abuse as a Yeti "Level 5", and so on.

IEEE still uses 802.xxxx  So what body has adopted the wifi naming convention you mentioned?  I'm in the enterprise industry and everyone including our customers still use that notation, but I'm not involved in consumer level products so I'm curious what other standards there are that manufacturers can rely on and consumers can trust to mean the same in one brand vs the other.

Back on topic:

Specialized does have the guidelines, but they don't tell you about them on their marketing info or at the bike store.  I just recently bought a Roubaix (rains 4 weeks ago my bad), and subsequently learned that if I happen to ever go to northern France or southern Belgium and ride on the famed cobbles, my warranty would be void, because the Roubaix is intended for smooth paved surfaces only.  Apparently someone forgot to tell Peter Sagan that!

https://media.specialized.com/support/collateral/0000093943.pdf

image.thumb.png.9cfd33d137c6346b79420977d44c1696.png

2 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

IEEE still uses 802.xxxx  So what body has adopted the wifi naming convention you mentioned?  I'm in the enterprise industry and everyone including our customers still use that notation, but I'm not involved in consumer level products so I'm curious what other standards there are that manufacturers can rely on and consumers can trust to mean the same in one brand vs the other.

Back on topic:

Specialized does have the guidelines, but they don't tell you about them on their marketing info or at the bike store.  I just recently bought a Roubaix (rains 4 weeks ago my bad), and subsequently learned that if I happen to ever go to northern France or southern Belgium and ride on the famed cobbles, my warranty would be void, because the Roubaix is intended for smooth paved surfaces only.  Apparently someone forgot to tell Peter Sagan that!

https://media.specialized.com/support/collateral/0000093943.pdf

image.thumb.png.9cfd33d137c6346b79420977d44c1696.png

It is primarily a consumer thing. We tech people can decode letters easily, but consumers, not so much. https://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/wi-fi-certified-6

Back on topic. I really like that Specialized categorization. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fontarin said:

That's a Trance right?  Love mine, though I'm still messing with the float dpx shock to get it dialed in perfectly.

Yep. Trance custom build. It's been a blast. I went with the DVO Topaz shock on this build. Seems to work great but I had a HT before so you could have put a marshmallow there and I'd have been happy. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...