IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

4 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

Googling the phone number on the Patrol sign indicates Angel Fire.

Nice detective work and that makes sense with the trail names, but I'm unfamiliar with that particular sign and the "Back Basin."  I know AF pretty well, which is why I was/am puzzled.  I did recognize the area code, but didn't google the phone number.  Headin' Home is a ski run and Highway is a bike trail.  Plus, I know nothing about slow skiing.

• Like 1

I hate how easy and small everything seems in pictures. I am very comfortable doing this drop but I still get a nice adrenaline rush every time. This was this Saturday. 
DD8F7230-75F1-4280-ACC2-E360B3CBDB98.thumb.png.d55607cc81cb29afb4c96ec8cf2ebe67.png

I’ve only done the one next to it. How does it compare? The rocks look sketchy to land on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Morris said:

I hate how easy and small everything seems in pictures.

Me too. And video that we make doesn't ever do a scary thing justice either. A strange phenomena I think.

Just makes you appreciate how truly gnarly the things in those awesome YouTube videos must really be. The things that make us go "whoa!" are really probably twice as big they appear to be.

3 hours ago, Browndog said:

I’ve only done the one next to it. How does it compare? The rocks look sketchy to land on.

To be honest, I only did the one you do for a long time. The take off and landing are flatter and you have a better visual of the landing. That makes you feel safe. In reality the other side is a way smoother landing and once I started doing it. You just need a little more commitment because it seems taller and the almost blind take off.  I rarely do the lower side now.  The rock in the landing you don’t even feel

• Like 1

Having taken a million or so pictures of riders going over things, I have found that the secret to making things look real is the positioning of the cameraman. The more that you are under them, the more realistic it becomes. Otherwise, the vertical definition is lost in the picture and you look like you are going over a curb. Congrats on the feature, my cajones still have me going around both of those. I prefer to have my wheels on the ground for some strange reason.

To be honest, I only did the one you do for a long time. The take off and landing are flatter and you have a better visual of the landing. That makes you feel safe. In reality the other side is a way smoother landing and once I started doing it. You just need a little more commitment because it seems taller and the almost blind take off.  I rarely do the lower side now.  The rock in the landing you don’t even feel

That’s what I needed to hear. Thanks! I need to hit this one and then I have one more on Picnic, the one on the west end with the downhill landing.

14 minutes ago, Browndog said:

That’s what I needed to hear. Thanks! I need to hit this one and then I have one more on Picnic, the one on the west end with the downhill landing.

That sounds like a correct plan, the one by the handrail is taller and the landing is fast but is is so much fun. It is like a roller coaster. I have yet to try the one on the left of that.  I’m sure I can do it it is just that launch aiming down and the tree that keep reminding me I’m 40 and overweight 😂

5 hours ago, rockshins said:

That high pivot bike looks fast standing still.  I freaking love the Minion SS here in centex!

Thanks. Waiting on some decals/frame protection and i can start putting it together.  Hoping that SS does well here and elsewhere. It's a 2.5 DH carcass wire bead bastard with a vittoria tire insert. The front is 2.6 DHF and measures 28.5 +/- and shoves the HTA to 62.7*

5 hours ago, notyal said:

I'm sure it's just an optical illusion, but those bars look pretty strait on the left and bent up oddly on the right. 

Its the light but it does look bent AF