IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'll play along too....

Got back last week from a 10 day trip to CO.  We called it a "greatest hits" ride.  I'll let you decide.

Early on we hit up Monarch Crest trail

IMG-1303.jpg

IMG-1314.jpg

Then we went over to CB for some 401.

IMG-1422.jpg

Next up we were in Telluride for the annual Yeti Tribe gathering.  Riding in the high alpine aspens.

IMG-1635.jpg

Then for a change of pace we ended up in Fruita riding some of the Kokopelli trail stuff

IMG-1767.jpg
IMG-1768.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, AustinBike said:

Headed there in September. Planning to get two Ardent EXO tires and put them on just before we leave. I want as much sidewall protection as possible.

Take the old ones for back up. I think over 50 % of our large group of riders had flats.

3 minutes ago, Sluggo said:

No, just me and a couple of friends on Sunday. 

I'm going to be up there later this week.  Can you give me some more details on your SBT ride?  Did you shuttle?...to where?  How long was the ride back down to the bottom?  How much climbing?  I've done it 12 yrs ago, but it was "out North Boundary....back South Boundary" so I'm foggy on the details.  I'm planning to go out there with my son and I'm trying to figure out how much he can pull off.

Thanks, -CJB

We used Turquoise Tours for the shuttle from a park close to Taos. We rode the full SBT at 22 miles w 2k of climbing. I think they offer a shuttle to Garcia Park? Garcia Park is 13 miles from where you park with short climb to the good stuff.  I thought the full SBT was harder than the Lost Lake trail at 13 miles and 2.5k of climbing, but I was cooked from riding park on our 1st day. 

• Like 1