IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

8 hours ago, Sluggo said:

If the boy did Monarch, he should be fine on the full SBT. 

Nope, that was just me and a buddy doing Monarch, that was "dad's trip" to CO.  ;)

Thanks for the info, it's helpful.  I'm thinking of shuttling to Garcia Park.  This will be day 1 for us and the next 2 days will be lift-serve at the resort.  I'm thinking the DH runs will be the highlight of the trip...but I also want him to get a decent XC taste while we are out there too.  [I need to keep his 'reality' in check, that shuttle runs are a treat in life, not the main course]

He's a pretty competent rider, but he is young and has not been riding as much this summer.  I think better safe that sorry is wise.  

Are you Sluggo on strava?  I may look a little closer at your ride profile.

Thanks again, CJB

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 12:20 PM, RidingAgain said:

How does it affect the bike balance and handling?

RA, having raced off-road dirt bikes for years, I notice the new CoG in the frame, but I actually like it better.  I tend to ride off the seat, so my weight is transferred to pedals below the water weight.  If you are a sit-down type rider, it will make more of a noticeable change.  Really not a whole lot different than when I would ride with 2 large water-bottles in cages.  New frame will only take 1 full size and 1 shorter, So I went a different root, and added extra storage for items out of the camel back.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, radiantm3 said:

Wanted to play around with my camera in the garage so I took a few photos of my dirty bike after riding Spider and Brushy this past weekend. 2018 Transition Scout NX that I've been slowly upgrading over time. 

DSC03218-Edit.jpg

DSC03222-Edit.jpg

DSC03227-Edit.jpg

DSC03231-Edit.jpg

DSC03232-Edit.jpg

DSC03235-Edit.jpg

DSC03238-Edit.jpg

DSC03243-Edit.jpg

DSC03245-Edit.jpg

DSC03253-Edit.jpg

DSC03256-Edit.jpg

The bike is sweet but the garage is sweeter!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, radiantm3 said:

Thanks! I rode down it. I thought about riding back up it, but the rocky slabs above seemed a bit too sketchy for me to climb. 

I'm generally more confident climbing than descending.  It's a bit sketchy going down, and I haven't ridden it in a while.  Not since I discovered the trail that sits above Gnargasm and heads back to Snow White--so I almost always ride that now after I complete Gnagasm, then drop back down to the bridge and ride that trail opposite Champion Park before heading over the dam.  Your photos make me want to try riding up it, though!

..Al

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 11:45 AM, DBehrens said:

Testing new setup to ditch the camelback..  Much nicer in the heat.

stache 08-14-19.jpg

Damon, I've got the same bike and rarely ride with a C-back.  I usually use 2 bottle on the bike...and then one in my jersey pocket when hotter outside.  The real reason, I'm posting this is that I'm considering putting in a water bottle mount on the bottom of the DT near the BB.  This would give me 3 cage mounts.  We could add them at the same time if your interested?

Later,
CJB

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 10:48 PM, radiantm3 said:

Wanted to play around with my camera in the garage so I took a few photos of my dirty bike after riding Spider and Brushy this past weekend. 2018 Transition Scout NX that I've been slowly upgrading over time. 

DSC03218-Edit.jpg

DSC03222-Edit.jpg

DSC03227-Edit.jpg

DSC03231-Edit.jpg

DSC03232-Edit.jpg

DSC03235-Edit.jpg

DSC03238-Edit.jpg

DSC03243-Edit.jpg

DSC03245-Edit.jpg

DSC03253-Edit.jpg

DSC03256-Edit.jpg

Nice steed there. 

Question, how have you tinkered with the new X2? I just got one, and between LSC/HSC and LSR/HSR I’m just trying to figure it all out. 

17 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

Nice steed there. 

Question, how have you tinkered with the new X2? I just got one, and between LSC/HSC and LSR/HSR I’m just trying to figure it all out. 

Yea I started with the base recommended settings and then started making 2 click adjustments of one setting at a time as I rode. But ended up at a point where it feels good enough and I just ride.