IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

10 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

You left out 2A: Put FREE CANDY sign on van.

Yes, I left out some of the more obvious details like blacking out the rear windows to protect candy from direct sunlight and combining cargo space (max candy load) and comfort by replacing rear seats with a mattress.

Rented a "mountain bike" to ride today in Chicago. Basket. Seatpost shock. Fat "comfort" saddle. The funniest part was that I brought shoes and pedals (riding a trail tomorrow) but they did not have a pedal wrench. Even funnier was that the plastic pedals had hex bolt and not standard pedals. The girl had no clue and asked if the pedal/shoes that I had was some new thing that they are doing now.

Let's just say that I used to do this ride all the time when I lived here, but in the ~25 years that I have been gone they have really done a good job on the lakefront. Literally no elevation, welcome to the midwest. Did about 12 miles and then turned around to head back north and got hammered by a headwind all the way back. But the weather played nice today.

IMG_4590.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4599.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AntonioGG said:

What trail are you doing?  Are you having to go into Wisconsin?

I am riding Palos Hills. That is THE mountain bike trail in the Chicago area. The emphasis is there to say that it is both the best trail in the area and the only trail in the area.

As for Wisconsin, I have ridden Kettle Moraine, but that is essentially Walnut Creek with better shade.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 10:26 AM, ATXZJ said:

Yes and yes. Waiting for women's finals now. Track is insane

No Pics?  I was blown away when a group of us went to the Durango World Cup way back in 00/01.  The jumps were insane back then.  Can't imagine how much bigger they are now.  Rode the XC stuff out in Snowshoe in the late 90's. That was some knarly slate and had this big ass plunge at the bottom.