IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

9 hours ago, olddbrider said:

Anybody else ever get an error message when trying to upload an image?  It's super informative, saying "-200".  Image size is only 7.8 mb, so it's not a size thing...

I get that from an iPhone or an iPad but not on a computer. I believe it is a device/OS issue.

10 hours ago, olddbrider said:

Anybody else ever get an error message when trying to upload an image?  It's super informative, saying "-200".  Image size is only 7.8 mb, so it's not a size thing...

Yeah I get the same message every time I try to upload from my computer. I stopped uploading because of it. I don't have the ambition to upload through a third party. Running Mac OS.

3 hours ago, Chief said:

Yeah I get the same message every time I try to upload from my computer. I stopped uploading because of it. I don't have the ambition to upload through a third party. Running Mac OS.

I just copy/paste from a screenshot of Preview or whatever source.  It seems to be the most reliable.  Command-Shift-4 to capture the picture, then Command-V to paste it into the text field. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2020 at 7:30 AM, AustinBike said:

Are you trying to upload from an iCloud library or as a saved file?

I export the image from my photos library to my hard drive and upload with no issue.

Trying to upload from a saved file on my laptop.  I've done it numerous times in the past, so I'm not sure what has changed... 

I just tried the copy/paste method someone else mentioned.  That just says the image is "Queued" and then does nothing.  I know on the old MoJo site there was a limit to the amount of files you could upload, but I didn't think that was the case since the forum moved here.  I guess I could try deleting some of the previous images I've uploaded and see if that has any effect. 

If anyone has problems uploading images, please let me know and I'll be glad to help.  If an image isn't attaching even though it seems to be uploading fine, it's probably an issue with the image, such as being an unsupported image format (although that's rare).  I upload images to forums running this software from my phone all the time and haven't had any issues. 

For the iPhone there is a setting for the camera, "Formats", with two options, "High Efficiency" and "Most Compatible".  Mine is set to "Most Compatible", but not sure if that's the default..

IMG_7580.thumb.PNG.f6912080f06e31936a55ef6eb8316dad.PNG

There are three ways to upload images when composing a post.  You can click the "Choose files..." link that will prompt you for a file.  You can drag and drop images directly into your post.  And you can copy/paste images as well (place the text cursor where you want the image to appear, then paste it right into your post).

..Al

As I said earlier, I've posted numerous images to this site.  At least one to this very thread.  I'm familiar with the different methods and have tried all three in this instance.  I'm on a laptop running Windows 10 - the same laptop and OS I've used to post most (if not all) of the other images I've uploaded.  The issue is that now when I try to do either of the first 2 methods you mention I get an error that simply says "-200".  When I try the copy/paste method, I get a black square with a progress bar that never moves and some text over the black square that says "Queued".