IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

OK..   Old pics and I know grainy.  Time of sissy bars and banana seats.  I had extended my forks.. well a lot!  I had to lean forward when I peddled hard to keep the front tire down.   I had a speedometer mounted down there between the extension tubes.  Cards, Cardboard with clothes pins for some noise and  I  rode this bike for years that way and it held up!  Steel! ... got good at wheelies with that bike .  This was one of my 3 bikes.   I also had a 20" for jumping ramps and a weekly comp crash-up derby bike (last bike roles under power wins).

Yes this are bell bottoms and striped pants  🙂 

Anybody else to choppers in the group back (well long ago)  then?

Clyde

20200405_122641.jpg

20200405_122650.jpg

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, 62clyde said:

OK..   Old pics and I know grainy.  Time of sissy bars and banana seats.  I had extended my forks.. well a lot!  I had to lean forward when I peddled hard to keep the front tire down.   I had a speedometer mounted down there between the extension tubes.  Cards, Cardboard with clothes pins for some noise and  I  rode this bike for years that way and it held up!  Steel! ... got good at wheelies with that bike .  This was one of my 3 bikes.   I also had a 20" for jumping ramps and a weekly comp crash-up derby bike (last bike roles under power wins).

Yes this are bell bottoms and striped pants  🙂 

Anybody else to choppers in the group back (well long ago)  then?

Clyde

20200405_122641.jpg

20200405_122650.jpg

You from Oklahoma?

New bike day. Steel is real. 100mm fox 32 should be delivered today also. Decided to stay with 100mm rather than go to 110 or 120mm. Just feel like I’ll have it locked out a good bit on this bike, so stuck to factory spec. Ready to rip anything. 

Want some type of chain guide, may do the PNW one but it’s expensive. Just ordered a lizard skin chain protector and a Revelate designs top tube bag. Setting up tubeless tomorrow and my ISSI pedals will he here tomorrow also. 

Should be a fun bike. 

ETA: fork came in. I was worried this ridiculous 3.0 tire would fit in a non-boost 29er fox 32, but the bastard fits! Will take/add a few pics tomorrow. 

06A0A18D-A074-4A55-B84E-9CB0F6553600.jpeg

AB9414AF-4BA6-4D5D-933C-2A1E7FE3C3E4.jpeg

B65710EF-ED28-4D02-B383-A72FAD64FC52.jpeg

6EDD6F7E-8EA1-461E-9DDE-B4375C53BEFD.jpeg

31D38927-6D6E-43B7-BDA6-A9FE68561C0E.jpeg

B89FED30-1DEE-4984-8EBA-817DE518D650.jpeg

Edited by bestbike85
  • Like 11

21 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Sweet! I'm so bored and anxious. I think I'm gonna stop dreaming and make the SS a monstercross.
What's the width on thos bars?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is a byproduct of me being bored, anxious, and having monthly expenses were 25% of what they usually are due to this lockdown. 

Bars are 44cm Woodchipper 2’s. 

Here’s the link to the build:

https://salsacycles.com/bikes/fargo/2018_fargo_rival_1_27.5

Snagged on closeout for 26% off. Happy about that. Obviously I added the dropper, lever and fork on my own, but it was still a killer deal for a bike I’ve been searching for a deal on for over a year. 

• Like 1

This is a byproduct of me being bored, anxious, and having monthly expenses were 25% of what they usually are due to this lockdown. 

Bars are 44cm Woodchipper 2’s. 

Here’s the link to the build:
https://salsacycles.com/bikes/fargo/2018_fargo_rival_1_27.5
Snagged on closeout for 26% off. Happy about that. Obviously I added the dropper, lever and fork on my own, but it was still a killer deal for a bike I’ve been searching for a deal on for over a year. 

So going from a typical MTB bar length, how is it with those 44?
Damn.. guess I hijacked this thread. I'll ping you up in that gravel one

14 hours ago, Cafeend said:

So going from a typical MTB bar length, how is it with those 44?
Damn.. guess I hijacked this thread. I'll ping you up in that gravel one

Road bar width is typically determined by your shoulder blade width. You want the bars to be wide enough to leave your chest open for better breathing, you don't want your bars to narrow causing you to squeeze your chest together. I typically use 44-46cm bars on my road/gravel bike.

18 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

New bike day. Steel is real.

44cm bars and 3" tires...what's this, amature hour? 

How about 50cm (at the hoods) and 4.8" tires! And of course a drop post. I call it FattyFattyDropDrop.

Screenshot_20200411-104156_Photos.thumb.jpg.d74238bfec324c536dd83dc005da52e6.jpg

18 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

Should be a fun bike. 

Joking of course, that bike looks like a blast, enjoy!

• Like 8

5 hours ago, GFisher said:

I just had a flashback. I remember joining you guys for a GUMBO ride maybe 15+ years ago. I don't suppose that is still a thing? LOL

Unfortunately, GUMBO finally died. Happened about 2017.

From time to time, I still get out and ride parts of the old route.

3 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

Chain guide

Lizard skin chain stay protector

I don't mean to pile on...

Neither is needed with a proper clutch'd rear derailer. 

The only thing this bike needs (assuming you have a proper clutch'd derailer [by that I mean Shimano]), is a whisky flask cage. Unfortunately my ridiculous photo was only missing one thing...my flask in my whisky flask cage. 

Whah-whah:

Screenshot_20200411-213550_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f3ea1a31a5b9f677869c4051cdfa6214.jpg