IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

42 minutes ago, radiantm3 said:

My rear wheel has cracks at 3 different spoke locations. WTB rim from an NX build bike. Bike is a little over 2 years old and I’ve never had the spokes tightened or wheels trued. I weigh 170lbs and running Cush core as well which makes me wonder how cheap these wheels are.

Anyone keep sending it until a wheel with these kind of cracks failed? I have a new wheel set coming Friday but went for a brushy ride anyways today and it seems to run fine. Hit double down and did the big picnic drop 2x. I took it “easy”. 😇 

37B560A3-AEBB-41F1-93CD-6811D39BA84F.jpeg

I had that on WTB rims and on Stan's rims. I think it is a sign of having fun. Sucks that it happened so soon typically I get ~4 years out of one. 

Could have been from either an actual incident or just generally the way you ride. Was it just that one or are there several? Mine always coincided with my "strong side" on pedaling, I never do anything crazy enough to do that in one shot.

22 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

I had that on WTB rims and on Stan's rims. I think it is a sign of having fun. Sucks that it happened so soon typically I get ~4 years out of one. 

Could have been from either an actual incident or just generally the way you ride. Was it just that one or are there several? Mine always coincided with my "strong side" on pedaling, I never do anything crazy enough to do that in one shot.

The photo shows the worst one, but I found 3 spots with hairline cracks. I do feel like I got my money's worth out of them. 

20 hours ago, radiantm3 said:

My rear wheel has cracks at 3 different spoke locations. WTB rim from an NX build bike. Bike is a little over 2 years old and I’ve never had the spokes tightened or wheels trued. I weigh 170lbs and running Cush core as well which makes me wonder how cheap these wheels are.

Anyone keep sending it until a wheel with these kind of cracks failed? I have a new wheel set coming Friday but went for a brushy ride anyways today and it seems to run fine. Hit double down and did the big picnic drop 2x. I took it “easy”. 😇 

37B560A3-AEBB-41F1-93CD-6811D39BA84F.jpeg

32 spokes?

Nice photos.  Did make it out to RPR last year for the first time in a while, and some of the trails were quite confusing compared to everything I knew like the back of my hand previously.  Need to go out there with a group familiar with the current layout.

..Al

Just now, Albert said:

Nice photos.  Did make it out to RPR last year for the first time in a while, and some of the trails were quite confusing compared to everything I knew like the back of my hand previously.  Need to go out there with a group familiar with the current layout.

..Al

Yea this was my second time and it was so much more fun riding with someone who knows the place well. I missed out on so many fun trails the first time. 

1 hour ago, Tree Magnet said:

That is probably the best picture of Walnut that I’ve ever seen. That’s talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I've been surprised myself with the photo ops that can be had along the creek, away from where the trail traffic normally flows

2nd new bike day in a month and it feels great. 

I sold the big Norco 29er enduro sled because honestly it was way too much bike for what I like doing and I’ve decided I hate 29ers. That’s the 2nd time I’ve tried to force the 29er issue, and I’ll never do it again. 

Took all the funds and sunk it into the purple Salsa Fargo and was shopping for a do it all 27.5 hardtail. Landed on a Diamondback Sync’r Carbon. Honestly, at full price it was a great build, but when it went 30% off it was a no brainer. 

For the record number 2 on my list was the Nukeproof Scout 275. 

5782176D-7267-4B54-89B5-610AE0C9D668.jpeg

235928E5-8F57-4C06-82E4-3400BE1DE56D.jpeg

5D271E07-750F-4A73-B735-DBB4326DBCBB.jpeg

7DF28B4B-7909-440D-9548-D95C19DA2B9B.jpeg

E1D01A05-610B-4D8E-959D-43B221C00D54.jpeg

3E034BB4-CBA0-4974-9102-8B5BDD3CE375.jpeg

• Like 8