IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

18 hours ago, Sluggo said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2cf78fbb38b2f6f53e616a1654c1139f.jpegTuesday Nighter 83/84.

THE Austin TnR down south/east at the end of Wm Cannon?

I began doing that ride back in 96' and a handful of people had said they'd been doing it for 10 yrs.  You might prove to be the earliest participant I've know about.  Dammit(!!) I use to love that event!  It was such a staple in my weekly riding schedule (and I live way up North near WC) that a rarely ever missed a TnR for prolly 10 yrs.  But as devlopment came out there it interrupted the tradition until it was slowly no more.  RIP TnR.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CBaron said:

THE Austin TnR down south/east at the end of Wm Cannon?

I began doing that ride back in 96' and a handful of people had said they'd been doing it for 10 yrs.  You might prove to be the earliest participant I've know about.  Dammit(!!) I use to love that event!  It was such a staple in my weekly riding schedule (and I live way up North near WC) that a rarely ever missed a TnR for prolly 10 yrs.  But as devlopment came out there it interrupted the tradition until it was slowly no more.  RIP TnR.

It was such a great time and it truly changed me. I don’t know where I’d be if pedaling wasn’t part of my life. 

Edited by Sluggo
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, AustinBike said:

The car that never saw Paris 

Maybe.  I think the reason why I recognize that car is because on a work trip to Paris in 1999, we were sitting outside at some Brasserie or terrace or something like that, when I saw a gigantic blue boat of a car.  It was a mid 90's car, I think it was a Park Avenue, but I knew about the Parisienne and may have looked it up at some point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe just a little 15 mile urban ride on the new(ly rebuilt) steel geared urban bike, but less than 2 weeks ago I was laying on an operating table, so this is a pretty massive accomplishment. Felt great riding and gear may be my friend for a couple of months or so.

IMG_5627.thumb.jpeg.abc4c5fccf27bf5c9a7340170240326f.jpeg

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Maybe just a little 15 mile urban ride on the new(ly rebuilt) steel geared urban bike, but less than 2 weeks ago I was laying on an operating table, so this is a pretty massive accomplishment. Felt great riding and gear may be my friend for a couple of months or so.

IMG_5627.thumb.jpeg.abc4c5fccf27bf5c9a7340170240326f.jpeg

Love that tan wall look! Good to see you back out on the bike!