IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

On 8/19/2020 at 9:43 PM, Teamsloan said:

That hurts to see. But the truth is they needed to be repaired/replaced. A new contractor will be signed just like the previous operator was a contractor that took over for the previous one. Once a new operator is established, new track will be laid and we’ll have a Zilker train again.

I remember the Eagle (before the Zephyr) and it was a good day when it was replaced. I look forward to the new one. It’ll probably be all electric, sponsored by Tesla. It’ll be advertised as a part of making Austin more affordable by having one bench of every train car be stacked three levels high and free while making the rest of the seats completely overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can help name the new one!  I wonder if alliteration will still be the theme?

https://www.austin360.com/entertainmentlife/20200901/austin-parks-foundation-asking-you-to-name-new-zilker-park-train?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Austin American-Statesman mystatesman-afternoon-update 2020-09-01&utm_content=GCOX_AUS&utm_term=090220

30 minutes ago, June Bug said:

Sand Canyon (Canyon of the Ancients Nat'l Monument)?

We also had some CotA fun. Same day as Phil's World in fact. In the photos you can see the smoke still in the sky. A few hours later (the PW shots above) the cold front had cooled things off by 20 degrees and pushed the smoke completely out of the area. 

image.thumb.png.8c7312a4bdd5e50880c2ce4bf7cb0e39.png

image.thumb.png.173e801cc40eb78542fdd86a9ab87304.png

The sun an hour after sunrise:

image.png.6be43c1438a50ed9624c103e99472edd.png

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, June Bug said:

Sand Canyon (Canyon of the Ancients Nat'l Monument)?

Close, the Navajo Rocks area of Moab. The trails were sweet, but I was totally blown away by the scenery, even after spending the previous days in Arches and Canyonlands. The shots I took were ok, but the back part of the loop was incredible. My phone battery was dying and the sun was setting so I had to keep moving.

5 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Sexy!!

definitely looking forward to the ride report

Damn thing wants to go and I was hanging on for dear life all day long. Way too much bike for me, but I’d rent it again. We had a little bit of everything at AF yesterday- mud, wet rocks/roots,     hero and it handled all of it. 

• Like 3

On 9/10/2020 at 6:49 AM, Barry said:

It's Phil's World--we just ride in it.

You heard the man, get you some! Phil's was primo today. I REALLY wanted to get up  above treeline on the CT but you may just be able to see the San Juans in the background in the second photo and the healthy layer of recent snow. Figured I'd play it safe.

IMG_20200912_133330980_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200912_133244069.jpg

Edited by GFisher
  • Like 7