IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

The usual annual RPR ride - 5 hours out on the trails with around 3 hours of riding and 2 hours of trying to navigate. No complaints though as it was a great day to be outside with friends, even if we stayed lost most of the time. 

EDIT: Just noticing those light rays beaming down from the Heavens. I should have never let my buddy lay his Evil on the Cross. 😂

20201206_142540.jpg

Edited by throet

22 hours ago, throet said:

The usual annual RPR ride - 5 hours out on the trails with around 3 hours of riding and 2 hours of trying to navigate. No complaints though as it was a great day to be outside with friends, even if we stayed lost most of the time. 

EDIT: Just noticing those light rays beaming down from the Heavens. I should have never let my buddy lay his Evil on the Cross. 😂

Z1W_XZjnat-sk-LEPpMpPmVwciqw7BRKBO6Gte6DGcY9qdtuDlFfeFFyYGvhvQbrzQuNWJoKTw92Q9_rDj3ejjYcR3ZRX-lZxr6NOos89uwukdEjcL3vTURWdgb-gy4JnNXP_xrV9-Ii3c6P0HOPKpEuuyxZVqvxnj_0QJpOYdX-VUxr_1lh8qMQ2fxqaX9tnM9a1g-GYEn0HhYpgEKD4m_fEu9AZMMKMA4BphWmpB8YAGrEUbxy7UWpxs15NxhliEIwoAPeIrnXGUSQJZEPf8M2N4l07MCZQGt2BCbbNhhwL_rTcn6PTxiHOKW5NCIO5fc9rdubEA0eLjP3K34t37DJ7vmN-XXt_MNM0vM_90PXLlH1-rIs8XQNntLq5T-kZGKMeotENaheJVIe0UtbPUJC71Sd1SEj9WaP5bRnP9Ev8sxbxvckB8zV7T0qOWlAY1Gd7Gf9DnlTxjccKYbB9btTlCk7KrGV-lDIe-bRCvtbAXP7HPgVUMQxXWR16gWc8VtQXBp6xOseDlaqV2buPlq2zxNxJZSXlHOVRaXQdnI4GOUZ2RGgukef9Gik0eROJHwCh3jI8OABG-uRxV7SByjlixNHWVGBzXcZIkC4yDCzX1M331rOhP6JIdOKtOSKVL4s-0fsrK9jyAr3yiALDlr5OswVanJBluGq0RjBenJRPMGE4TXbLb9daU321A=w1637-h1229-no?authuser=0

God has a super ray. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GFisher said:

Good old Rocky Hill. Hadn't been out there in a few years. Still plenty of sweet singletrack in the deep woods but the clear-cutting and gravel operations continue to expand. Hurts to see.

IMG_20201208_141356277.jpg

IMG_20201208_134107364.jpg

Nice, I’m guessing hardly any traffic either. My ride Sunday on the bcgb was miserable with people everywhere causing me to slow or stop constantly 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RonSurly said:

Nice, I’m guessing hardly any traffic either. My ride Sunday on the bcgb was miserable with people everywhere causing me to slow or stop constantly 

What time were you out there? I rode out there pretty early Sunday and actually commented how nice and empty it was at the creek crossings. Of course, staying off the main trail helps. It was also a chilly morning and perfect afternoon, so the crowd probably reflected that.

8 minutes ago, notyal said:

What time were you out there? I rode out there pretty early Sunday and actually commented how nice and empty it was at the creek crossings. Of course, staying off the main trail helps. It was also a chilly morning and perfect afternoon, so the crowd probably reflected that.

Was afternoon prime time for the masses, probably where I went wrong. Side trails were better than main for sure 

18 hours ago, RonSurly said:

Indeed. I saw 3 other people on the trails in about 4 hours and they were all on the front half. Sublime.

1 hour ago, GFisher said:

You already blow through the Goodyear tires, at least on the back?

The Goodyears still had life left but I’ve been doing much more ride to the ride and I don’t like them on pavement. Ardents are better in that regard, probably go to lkons eventually 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 6:25 PM, ATXZJ said:

We finally got our asses up mount lakeway today. Wife wasn't too stoked on the steep climbs but she stuck with it. Also did the rest of the canyonland trails. Super fun day to be out!

IMG_20201212_135906428.jpg

That new trail called Serenity that branches off just before you summit Mt. Lakeway is a blast. As of a few weeks ago it was still pretty loose, but once it gets bedded in it's going to be amazing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

That new trail called Serenity that branches off just before you summit Mt. Lakeway is a blast. As of a few weeks ago it was still pretty loose, but once it gets bedded in it's going to be amazing.

A lot of new stuff out there since we last there in 2016. Met up with one of the original builders and he gave us a bit of a tour. SO many people out on bikes saturday.........it was awesome.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, notyal said:

9a21b66f2ec43b1bac512bb2a5fce1b5.jpg

Crazy weather yesterday. The fog and rain in the morning got me out on the roads instead of trails. It was perfect when I started. On the way home, I was fighting a headwind so hard that I was pedaling in my granny gear going downhill.

The wind was nuts.  I opted for some core and weights indoors.  I'm sure we'll have downed trees at all the trails.