IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

2 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I have always wanted to go to Andorra. You need to convince her that she should do a factory tour and a local demo!

Funny enough, she's actually planning a trip there. Wife made a deal with our youngest if she took four years of advanced french, we'd take her to France for graduation next summer. Her plan is for us to take the train down to Andorra and watch the world cup DH race and visit commencal HQ while there. This all covid contingent.

I lucked out with her.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Funny enough, she's actually planning a trip there. Wife made a deal with our youngest if she took four years of advanced french, we'd take her to France for graduation next summer. Her plan is for us to take the train down to Andorra and watch the world cup DH race and visit commencal HQ while there. This all covid contingent.

I lucked out with her.

I spent many summers in the south of France as a kid - we had a house there. I highly recommend heading for Aix-en-Provence, and from there toward the coast, and find a small village to hang out in (ours was La Croix Valmer).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

I lucked out with her.

Yeah, that is pretty sweet. It is not easy to get to Andorra via train from most places (~3.5 hours to Barcelona) so I would recommend driving.

While in that part of the world, San Sebastian is one of my favorite places on earth and Barcelona is in the top 10 as well. All are vaguely adjacent by car, just not for road trips. And Seville is awesome, I'd move there in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

My mother’s November trip to Spain got delayed indefinitely last week. They may start restricting access to American’s in other places soon. And she was fairly certain Spain was one of the more liberal on travel restrictions. [emoji2955]

Hoping it eases off again by next summer. The MIL was planning to take my daughter to visit family in Germany for her graduation present next year. Wife was probably going but I was still on the fence pending this idiocy improving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

My mother’s November trip to Spain got delayed indefinitely last week. They may start restricting access to American’s in other places soon. And she was fairly certain Spain was one of the more liberal on travel restrictions. emoji2955.png

Hoping it eases off again by next summer. The MIL was planning to take my daughter to visit family in Germany for her graduation present next year. Wife was probably going but I was still on the fence pending this idiocy improving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm staying clear of Germany, my hiking trip keeps pushing. Biggest reason for me is once you get there so many things are not operating at regular capacity.

Some bike builds going on in the dirty south. I'd expect a bit of rain😁

Finished the wife's 2018 Meta AM 27.5. Picked up the frame as a leftover and swapped the parts off the delirium I built earlier this spring. She's surprisingly stoked about this one. Can't wait for some cooler weather and a trip to spider.

IMG_20210909_162452571.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 7

On 9/10/2021 at 1:10 PM, throet said:

Was this bike parked next to the scooter, or is it a scooter battery mounted on a bike?  

It’s not actually a scooter but an Ecotric ebike.  What you’re looking at on that bike’s Down tube is the battery pack. The same company makes scooters too.  I tried to find any kind of UL or safety agency rating for these bikes and couldn’t find any.  Cheap lithium batteries and chargers scare the shit out of me so I stay away.  Even home electronics or LED bulbs I will pay more for a UL listed version.

• Like 2

Got the Druid build (mostly) finished today. Still chasing some druid/eagle shifting issues leaving me missing my 11spd, but got it close enough to get a few miles in this weekend. Stoked on how the bike came out! No rain either🙄

IMG_20210916_135436272.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 8