IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

August 4,  2018 Crusty et al. did the Zia South Boundary Big Ride event  from Angel Fire to Taos.  The Big Ride departure was at 7 am.  I killed some time riding the Angel Fire greebelt trails and reading, then did the van shuttle to pick up the guys in Taos later that afternoon.  Everybody finished the ride and all the bikes made it into the van, including the one yet to be loaded,  and the 6 of us snuggled up  for the twisty drive back to Angel Fire. 

description: 

The South Boundary BigRide is an absolutely stunning 40-mile, mostly singletrack ride from Angel Fire Resort to Taos Youth and Family Center on the South Boundary Trail. The South Boundary trail is arguably the best ride in New Mexico and probably one of the top rides in the whole country with beautiful high alpine views and amazing aspen forests. It will be a perfect warm up for those training for Leadville, as the course tops out at nearly 11,000 feet!

IMG_0205.JPG

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, throet said:

I'm very damn envious! 

EDIT - BTW how's the new bike doing out there? 

It’s pretty good on the big hits though I don’t do any big drops.  The higher speed chatter is another story though.  Wondering if I need more sag.  It’s not packing down.  I have not retuned the suspension since new, so I’m guessing things break-in a bit.  It is freaking awesome on the climbs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Riding on Cannonball Mesa is on a 4-wheel drive road rather than a trail.  There are a few punchy climbs to get to the top of the mesa. One fork in the road on the mesa top takes you to Cannonball Pueblo, a late 12th C. Pueblo III canyon-rim complex of rooms, kivas and a tower.  2nd photo is Crusty riding down back to the car. 

The weather was sublime, maybe mid 70s and no wind.  Amazing for the last day of October. 

IMG_20211031_131256007~3.jpg

IMG_20211031_134540030.jpg

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 7