IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

Wife's bike... Springhill Park mtb trailhead, Fort Smith, Arkansas... End of May this year. 

Fast, flowy undulating flat singletrack with a few features and small jumps that you could easily average 12+mph on for 10 miles. Turn around and do it the opposite way and you'll get 20 miles of pure fun. It had been raining on and off for a few weeks before we got up there so the trail was tacky with a couple of mud spots (it's alongside a river), but vegetation was really green and mosquitoes not so bad. 

IMG_1221.jpg

Edited by RidingAgain

14 minutes ago, kpomtb said:

It's a Sledgehummer.  Do you ever take it off any sweet jumps?

You did notice he said "Lubbock," right?

Oddly enough I've plans to be in Lubbock next month and will bring my bike. If I see any sweet jumps I'll try to get a photo.

Hopefully weather will allow a visit to Palo Duro while I'm in the neighborhood.

• 2 weeks later...
On November 21, 2018 at 8:04 AM, notyal said:

I was a fat fuck with a shitty bike in a flat city. 

I got my start riding in Lubbock too (while in college).  At the time Mae Simmons park blew my mind!  Its had "hills", trees and water crossings.  Soon after MLK trails were built and I thought that was pretty cool.  And then I discovered the Buffalo Springs loop out there and we would climb into the trunk of my buddy's car so that we'd only have to pay for 1 person entrance (while he had 3 bikes on the back of his car rack).  :)

Good times.  I'm sure I have some photos somewhere.

-CJB

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...