IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

1 hour ago, Barry said:

AKA the land of 500 never used concrete tables. Or at least it's a contender for that tittle, although with OC Fisher Lake. Fun trails though. 

Yeah really surreal in a post-apocalyptic sort of way. Had a blast and will definitely return there. Picked up the pace on the second lap which really helped to create some flow. Seemed to me like a cross between LGT and Pedernales. Post-ride refreshments at the marina definitely add to the appeal. One more new trail checked off the list for this year!  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 8:37 PM, June Bug said:

Rode there years ago and at the time,  it's future seemed in doubt due to an iffy land status. 

I was there the day before yesterday and as far as I could tell nothing has been lost yet but there is new construction immediately adjacent to some of the loops. I only took a couple (pretty lousy) pics but they capture some of the spirit. Glad to knock it off the bucket list after knowing about it for decades, but it isn't one of my favorite trail systems in the area.

20211127_124018.jpg

20211127_121812.jpg

• Like 6

17 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

This thread is becoming very intense.

Yup, and people are TREKing everywhere to find specialized trails.  

On 11/29/2021 at 4:58 PM, GFisher said:

Glad to knock it off the bucket list after knowing about it for decades, but it isn't one of my favorite trail systems in the area.

It struck me as a grassroots "they did a lot with what they had" system. We enjoyed it but the locals were wisely finishing their rides by the time we started.  The heat comes on strong early on a May morning.  This may have been Memorial Day weekend maybe 14 years ago. 

• Haha 1