IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

Cracked my singlespeed frame, got the replacement before Thanksgiving but since I had moved most of the parts over to my geared hardtail I had a bike to ride and was too lazy to swap them back. 

The weather today sucked so I spent a few hours in the garage getting it back together.IMG_1023.thumb.jpeg.44aa99891328dea87827f7c78b7179b4.jpeg

Here's the other victim that had to give up his derailleur for a few months:

IMG_0998.thumb.jpeg.0972e255cda0d5d91281753c7c127d0d.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MrMentallo said:

How's that high pivot treating you? Noisy or any drag?

I have two high pivot bikes now so I can compare a bit better. The druid was way quieter and seemed to have less drag than my commencal. The latter is also 8lbs heavier and has full DH tires with inserts so it hates to roll regardless. 

Compared to a traditional bike, high pivot bikes are noisier and have some noticeable drag. Particularly if you use chain guides. 

IMHO, I wouldn't recommend one for CTX. The above mentioned drawbacks and additional maintenance isn't worth the headaches. These bikes shine when the trail point downward and there's less than enough of that here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Sorry, not smiling enough 😉 

Looks like a fun ride.

It was a really fun ride!  My wife has been hesitant to ride the Personal Trail Network lately (too much climbing, too hard, etc.) but today she went with me.  I chose the best trails I could for her, she rode well, and I did some extra circuits while she stretched.  It was a great temperature and fun to do the ride together!

B0E3AE9B-4C0B-4CB9-89D4-705C31D0E15A.jpeg

• Like 7