IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

On 8/26/2022 at 12:03 PM, hurronnicane said:

The obvious question is how big a problem did that become to make a sign prohibiting it.

Probably a big problem for the person cleaning the bathrooms if people were bringing in muddy bikes. 

Old thread on mtbr:  Enough With Sleeping In Toilets Already! It's Silly and Gross!

Responses ranged from, "Hell to the no, I'd die of exposure before doing that" to "Hey, dry and clean, great night's sleep" and everything in between. 

On 8/26/2022 at 1:03 PM, hurronnicane said:

The obvious question is how big a problem did that become to make a sign prohibiting it.

4155C0BC-1240-4E7B-BF3B-D39D0AC7C933.jpeg

Not sure why this is a problem, but I take my bike into park bathrooms with me all the time. seriously, I'm not leaving it sitting there where someone can grab it unless I have a posse with me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice ride at Pedernales Falls today.  I recently got a new waist hydration pack that doesn’t have room for a pump, so my pump was in my wife’s pack and she wasn’t with me.  My back tire was at 8 psi at the beginning of the ride and I just told myself I would be careful and borrow someone’s pump if I ran into another rider.  I only encountered one rider and he didn’t have a pump either.  The ride was 14 miles long and included some of the Juniper Ridge trail and my low tire did just fine.

75499D9B-B146-4931-B038-868A0CAAA9A6.jpeg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Did the Enduro climb up Mont Sainte Anne. Pretty tired but the fall scenery was amazing. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

Didn't they just have some world cup action up that way? Pretty sure I saw a selfie of Emily Batty after a nasty looking spill.

43 minutes ago, TAF said:

Didn't they just have some world cup action up that way? Pretty sure I saw a selfie of Emily Batty after a nasty looking spill.

Yes the world cup was early August. There's a whole network of XC/Enduro trails on the South, South East side of the mountain. IMHO, there's way more pedal options than DH. The XC is no joke here. 

Gravity is way more fun though😁

• Like 1

Le Massif de Charlevoix DH park. Mighty St. Lawrence River in the background. Views are surreal here. Blue flow trails are next level fun and a great place to learn how to rail berms and hit jumps for beginners and intermediate riders alike.  Double black is a death wish trail at the moment and had me puckered more than once. Most of the single black trails required pedaling so I took a pass on those😁.

IMG_20220925_150211566_HDR.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 4

On 9/18/2022 at 8:02 PM, hurronnicane said:

Nice ride at Pedernales Falls today.  I recently got a new waist hydration pack that doesn’t have room for a pump, so my pump was in my wife’s pack and she wasn’t with me.  My back tire was at 8 psi at the beginning of the ride and I just told myself I would be careful and borrow someone’s pump if I ran into another rider.  I only encountered one rider and he didn’t have a pump either.  The ride was 14 miles long and included some of the Juniper Ridge trail and my low tire did just fine.

75499D9B-B146-4931-B038-868A0CAAA9A6.jpeg

I remember some years back you had a pretty nasty crash out there where you landed on your neck, correct? Did you recover pretty well from that? Do you feel nervous at all riding that track where it happened?

On 9/30/2022 at 11:52 AM, Schrute said:

I remember some years back you had a pretty nasty crash out there where you landed on your neck, correct? Did you recover pretty well from that? Do you feel nervous at all riding that track where it happened?

Yes.  That was me.  I fell off a ledge, fractured the C2 vertebrae but I healed up nicely.  I have no lingering physical effects from that.  I am certainly more wary, and less comfortable riding next to drop offs.  When I approach any of those pour offs/dry waterfalls I swing wide away from the edge.  And I like to think I am generally more careful.  Also, as I get older I try to be more deliberate and intentional about the amount of risk I take.   That seems to be the ongoing search for balance for me:  I want/need challenges, but I need to make it home in one piece; I crave a certain amount of exhilaration but don’t want to let it rule me.  

The short answer though is I do in fact feel nervous riding the trail where I fell.   

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hurronnicane said:

Yes.  That was me.  I fell off a ledge, fractured the C2 vertebrae but I healed up nicely.  I have no lingering physical effects from that.  I am certainly more wary, and less comfortable riding next to drop offs.  When I approach any of those pour offs/dry waterfalls I swing wide away from the edge.  And I like to think I am generally more careful.  Also, as I get older I try to be more deliberate and intentional about the amount of risk I take.   That seems to be the ongoing search for balance for me:  I want/need challenges, but I need to make it home in one piece; I crave a certain amount of exhilaration but don’t want to let it rule me.  

The short answer though is I do in fact feel nervous riding the trail where I fell.   

Glad to hear you bounced back. I remember your post about the crash and I have to admit it crosses my mind also when I ride out there on the more exposed sections. 

• Like 1

Got to check another big box on our QC MTB trip. Did the 1.5hr drive an drug the wife up and back down La Legende in Vallée Bras-du-Nord bike park. It's basically their reveille peak ranch where you pay a fee and ride up to a series of downhill trails and also has some multi use stuff as well. The waterfall line was worth the grind up the hill. Next level fun and great way to close out the riding season.

(bike pron)

IMG_20221002_163809694.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 5