IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

15 hours ago, Sluggo said:

The Barton Creek CC area has a nice population. A special tree that’s almost impossible to reproduce commercially. We’re lucky to ride up on them. 

15 hours ago, hurronnicane said:

Though we don’t have any on our property there are quite a few of them near our house west of Dripping Springs.  We have a neighbor who has been growing them from seed for a number of years to sell.  As dry as this year has been I was surprised that they flowered and produce fruit this Fall.

I was reading about this.  Apparently the often quoted research regarding how hard it is to germinate is b/c they may have used old seeds.  It seems the key is very fresh seeds.

On 12/15/2022 at 6:04 PM, Sluggo said:

The Barton Creek CC area has a nice population. A special tree that’s almost impossible to reproduce commercially. We’re lucky to ride up on them. 

I have worked with a few properties that have them in Westlake Hills.  The city makes you keep a wide swath around them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Where is this?

GTX Trails! This particular bridge is on property owned by Georgetown Trails Foundation in Georgetown. You can link up this trail, Katy Crossing Trail, and the Chautauqua Park trail and have a real fun time. It is def okay to talk about, please come enjoy our trails and spread the word! More to come soon.

See our website http://Gtxtrails.org for an interactive trail map.

Edited by BRAZOS1845
  • Like 5