IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

1 hour ago, rockshins said:

Feel your pain, attempting to land a kickflip in my late 30’s after a 20 year hiatus is tough on the body.

man, ive landed 2-3 kickflips in my lifetime. feet are just too damn slow. even my wife can still do them. cool that you're picking it up again.

waited 27 years to start skating again after we moved across the street from a park. my ankles were so screwed the first few times. the last time was all rotator pain after a few falls. in the end, id rather fall in the dirt than on a slab......

Left skateboards behind back in the late 70s when I started surfing... Road (downhill and basic tricks) and a half-pipe was about it for us. I lived up in the mountains so it was mainly quick transport down to the flats where most of my friends were. Cool to watch riders these days. Pretty awesome what they do with a board. But not for me to get back into. Surfing though... Beach, offshore breeze, waves with long faces... I'd do that. It's why I like flow mtb trails... Reminds me of surfing.

On another note... Came across this bike that I'd never heard of... Turns out it's an English built bike, Decathlon B'twin Rock Rider... What a name.

Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 9.20.42 AM.png

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the only intimidating thing at the top is that there is a small differential ~6" between the rock and the boards and you can't really see that until you are on top of it. Half the time I forget, stop and have to go back. One of these days my idiot brain will remember and I'll do it in a smooth fluid motion.

8 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Yeah, the only intimidating thing at the top is that there is a small differential ~6" between the rock and the boards and you can't really see that until you are on top of it. Half the time I forget, stop and have to go back. One of these days my idiot brain will remember and I'll do it in a smooth fluid motion.

For me what intimidates me is the narrow spot and fear my handlebars hitting the rock.  I’ve never ridden it.  Walking or was probably way more dangerous than riding it.