IGNORED

Seattle Area Recommendations?

Chongo Loco

Going to be staying with friends on the west side of Puget Sound / Bremerton area later this summer and might be able to squeak in a ride or two.  They don't ride so I've never usually get in rides when I'm there.

Didn't know what was better heading west to Olympic NF or east of the sound.  What have you ridden?  Probably something under 2 hours since I'll be solo. 

Anybody rented a decent bike there so I don't have to spend $200 for one or two rides?

Couple Recommendations from someone who lived there:

1. Duthie Hill Park in Sammamish (Sah-mam-mish)
    1. Fantastic Park with everything you could want. Downhills are relatively short but I love the central area with trails that start and end from the same location. You could ride 30min or 4 hours here. 
    2. Do Boot Camp, Ryans Eternal Flow,VooDoo Child and Step It Up for some good riding. 
  2. St Edwards Park in Kenmore
    1. Tons of XC
  3. Paradise Conservation Area in Woodinville
    1. Bring a Map/GPS, easy to get lost. Tons of XC, a bit of DH
  4. Tiger Mtn in Issaquah (iss-uh-qwah)
    1. Solid climb with rewarding downhill. Not a great solo trail admittedly. You'll need at least a full afternoon to complete. If you have the stamina, do it twice. 

I'm not really knowledgeable on rentals but I do know that Kirkland Bicycle does Rentals. I remember the CC deposit being pretty steep though. 

Here's a rough Map: Seattle MTB - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=186SRl4UPXVE8JtO6hmnGlNyNM3Y&usp=sharing

Edited by RedRider3141

17 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

Going to be staying with friends on the west side of Puget Sound / Bremerton area later this summer and might be able to squeak in a ride or two.  They don't ride so I've never usually get in rides when I'm there.

Didn't know what was better heading west to Olympic NF or east of the sound.  What have you ridden?  Probably something under 2 hours since I'll be solo. 

Anybody rented a decent bike there so I don't have to spend $200 for one or two rides?

Also, never rode Olympic NF, I'm not even sure if you can within the actual NF but you should definitely hike there. Like nothing you've ever seen. 

11 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

Thanks! I’ve heard there’s great stuff in the cascades, had no clue about Olympic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NBR but the Cascades stretch from the Northern Border near Canada to Oregon and have MANY options for camping/hiking/biking. The easiest to access are the areas along I90. This also makes it the busiest in the summer. Some of the most rewarding choices however are off of Highway 20 in the northern area this is just remote enough to keep crowds down but still accessible.

North Cascades Highway (20):

image.thumb.png.79fed389108d31fd03d9400e45693b2e.png

The Olympic Peninsula is much more remote as you have to drive around the Puget Sound or take a ferry across it. The old growth trees there are pretty amazing. Not quite California Redwood but the biggest in the state. However, it is a temperate rain forest so it can be VERY WET.