IGNORED

clockwise City Park

I finally got out yesterday to ride since the recent direction change.  Due to circumstances, this was probably my first time riding the clockwise direction in 15 years or so.  It was a lot of fun, but for me, the climbs seemed more challenging, and it wasn't as natural to pop off the ledges descending.  I think I ended up rolling down just about everything (I'm sure some of you just send it over all of Triple Bitch).  How do you guys like the new direction?  

5 minutes ago, loop_out said:

I finally got out yesterday to ride since the recent direction change.  Due to circumstances, this was probably my first time riding the clockwise direction in 15 years or so.  It was a lot of fun, but for me, the climbs seemed more challenging, and it wasn't as natural to pop off the ledges descending.  I think I ended up rolling down just about everything (I'm sure some of you just send it over all of Triple Bitch).  How do you guys like the new direction?  

I preferred it counter-clockwise, but it's still a great trail either way. How wet was it out there yesterday? I might try to get out this afternoon. 

I've only ridden there just recently but there were a few places where the climbs were very humbling but a challenge I look to over come ride by ride.  I was wondering what it would be like to ride in the opposite direction but will have to wait and see at some later point.   Was looking to ride there tomorrow hopefully giving it a little more time to dry.

Not sure when it changed (haven't been there in six months or so) but it was supposed to change more frequently. That has not been happening. I remember doing trail work many years back when we changed the direction, primarily turning all of the signs around. 

Need to get out there soon.

10 hours ago, Kyle said:

Hey squares, unless it's busy you can ride the trail whatever direction you want.  

Please don't ride against traffic. Following the rules is how we keep the land owner happy. Or at least happier.

If I remember correctly, it has been 9 or 10 years since it was reversed. Lots of "other things" had priority. Like keeping the land owner happy.

• Like 1

You can ride it both directions, but you have to wait until the direction is reversed again to try CCW.  In my view, that's a motorcycle track and we're there because they allow it.  If they say it's one way CW, that's how it is.  

I'm interested in seeing how things progress out there with electric motorcycles starting to get more popular.  There has never been too much of a problem between bikes and motos because you can hear the moto coming up on you and get out of the way.  I would imagine an electric motorcycle would be much quieter so it's going to take some additional awareness to keep from getting run over. 

All that aside, I really want an electric trials bike.  It looks like a super fun way to get hurt in slow motion but it would be damn fun until that happens!

On 5/14/2019 at 8:02 AM, spicewookie said:

Clockwise is how it should always be, though I do appreciate the need to reverse it occasionally to combat moto-induced wear.  

I'm excited to ride it clockwise.  I don't see it as being better bc I've only gone one way, but I'm sure my mind will be changed.  Although I'm bummed I won't be riding down devil's staircase.