IGNORED

People breaking into cars...

RidingAgain

I hate theft... Got my SUV broken into last night. My fault, had to take a few bags of groceries up with me to my apartment and didn't put the bags down to get the keys and lock the doors and forgot to come back out and do it. So I made it easy for whoever did it. Lost a $6 iPhone charger, about $1 in coins, and unfortunately, something I had borrowed and put in the car yesterday to take back to the person who loaned it to me (that really pissed me off). Fricking hate that.

Not sure if it's people driving in (but the apartment complex is gated, although it's not hard to follow a car in through the gates), but we also have a lot of homeless camps around where I live near the Mopac/290 intersection in SW Austin, and I had a couple larger item that could have been taken, so I think it looks more like people on foot.

This has happened in this apartment complex a couple of times in the last few weeks. And I can't see it getting any better given the fact that the City seems to have no problem allowing these homeless camps to be built.

Edited by RidingAgain

3 minutes ago, JRA said:

Start leaving Amazon boxes full of dog shit by the mail boxes.

Great idea. There is plenty available on the trail, in the trees and trail side (when we're lucky). You can find it both unpackaged and with packaging as you prefer. 

But really, sucks about your truck, RA. The issue has gotten pretty bad at some of the trail-heads as well, particularly Brushy. 

That sucks but I have to wonder if it is actually a smart strategy to 1) not leave much/anything of value (your borrowed item, notwithstanding) and then 2) leave it unlocked so that they don't have to smash a window to see that the car is devoid of anything of value?

This, of course, is sensible to me with my 20 year old Ford. Not sure I'd do it if I had a newer car.