IGNORED

Go Here... Get Excited... Then Dumped On...

51 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

I wear size 11 on most any other shoes.  I just ordered a size 11 510.  Hopefully they fit OK.

My usual show size is between 10.5 and 11 with standard width.

My first pair of 510 Impacts were size 11 and they were tight, but eventually broke into and acceptable fit. Next pair of 510 Impacts were 11.5 and still seemed a bit tight at first but fit perfect after being broke in and machine washed several times. My current 510 Freerider Pro's are 11.5 and needed a little break in time before they fit well. Hopefully yours do the same.

• Like 1

I wear Freeriders on flat pedals. The first time I switched to clipless, I went OTB and broke my humerus at the shoulder. I’m still not quite ready to go try them again but this is quite a deal. My freeriders will give out at some point so does anyone have an opinion on how these would work on platforms only?

1 hour ago, avines said:

I wear Freeriders on flat pedals. The first time I switched to clipless, I went OTB and broke my humerus at the shoulder. I’m still not quite ready to go try them again but this is quite a deal. My freeriders will give out at some point so does anyone have an opinion on how these would work on platforms only?

I wouldn't get the 510s designed for clipless pedals to use with flat pedals.  You are giving up a big part of the main contact area between the sole of the shoe and the pedal.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, avines said:

Unfortunately they'll work like sh*t. I occasionally used my old maltese falcons for flats, and since the insole is stiffer for a clipless pedal, they just bounced around on the platform and were hard to keep planted.  Ive had a few freeriders with Mi6 rubber and really like the near clipless traction they offer.

https://www.adidasoutdoor.com/five-ten-freerider-contact-mens-mountain-bike-shoe/FT21.html

Edited by ATXZJ