IGNORED

Where to ride tomorrow afternoon?

I have a friend coming in from Seattle tomorrow (5/22), and we are going to ride something. We didn't get much rain down here in Wimberley, but I heard Austin got dumped on this morning. The original plan was to pick up a rental at BSS and ride BCGB for a few hours. We could go a little farther to seek out dry trail, but I need some feedback on what may be rideable. I'm open to other suggestions, but looking for specific info on these:

1. BCGB
  2. SATN
  3. Pace Bend
  4. Madrone
  5. Maybe City Park (He's not super comfortable in tech)

The other option is to give up hope for singletrack and have him rent a gravel bike instead. Anyone have a good route that could start at BBS S. Lamar and stay mostly off the roads?

Of course, there is a chance of rain tomorrow morning, too. 

Edited by notyal

6 hours ago, notyal said:

Interesting. I was on the phone with a buddy in South Austin and he was said it was pouring. Must have been a pretty isolated shower. Thanks!

hydromet showing little to no rain in the last 24 hours. Will be hot and humid :)

Did a pretty good BCGB tour. I would say it is good to go. There were some puddles on the main trail between Zilker and Spyglass, but since it is essentially a dirt road they can be avoided. I bailed at Spyglass to hit the bike path across the creek and everything in the back trails I hit was pimp.

• Like 1