IGNORED

New Trail In Progress @ Spider Mountain

We're in the process of building a new intermediate trail that is planned to have six wooden features: a step-up roller with a rollable jump at the end (pictured,) a multi-tiered wall ride that will end in an optional drop, a wooden drop to dirt transition, and three wooden tabletop jumps.  You can see the first wooden feature from the lift and from the first mountain road intersection with Viper's Den.  Trail length is estimated to be about 1'000 feet, and it'll exit on the second mountain road at Viper's Den.

Scheduled completion time is six weeks.

20190524_104210.jpg

• Like 17

That does look fantastic!  But could you please reach out to someone and have them re-route the trail the other direction?  I wall ride much better to the left....
-CJB
Lol. I know a guy. I will put in the request. But, maybe next time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That does look fantastic!  But could you please reach out to someone and have them re-route the trail the other direction?  I wall ride much better to the left....
-CJB

Me too! I also turn to the left much better on skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Bamwa said:

While we are talking SM, are there any runs like the Hill of Life out there? Just eroded fall line with ledges? Thanks

While we don't have one planned or budgeted, we've been talking about a more...natural black or double black run.   Follow our Instagram feed for up-to-date info about trail developments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the 4th wooden feature on the new (dark) blue trail we're building.  You'll be carrying quite a bit of speed coming up to it, particularly if you sent it off the wall ride two features up.  This one will consist of a 25' ramp up to a 20' turning platform 5' off the ground at the top of the ramp.  As the platform turns, the ground below is descending, so the high point before the down ramp well over 6' off the ground.  The exit ramp will be between 10' and 15' long, and you'll be able to roll it or optionally huck off it to a dirt landing.

20190613_164012.jpg

Edit: a word

Edited by WhoAmI
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, brentb said:

I can't wait to get back out to Spider Mountain and check out the new additions.

We're hoping to have it open in two weeks, but that decision is made at a higher level than me.  =^)

2 hours ago, circuitbreaker said:

Sounds like a great feature for drop progression.

We designed it to be a progressively more challenging trail than Viper's Den for blue riders. Of course, this is more of a bike park trail than a classic DH trail.