IGNORED

2019 Yeti Tribe Gathering (Telluride)

So I've got a buddy of mine who has an extra pass (+lift tickets) to this sold out event in August.  His son can't make it and he's offering it up to me for free to go along with him.  I'm inclined to take him up on this.  But....you have to be there on a Yeti bike.  I don't have a Yeti bike.  

Has any one been to one fo these before?  Is it good enough of an event for me to try and solve this problem?  Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?  I REALLY don't plan to buy a Yeti...

https://yetitribe2019.yeticycles.com

Thanks

CJB

28 minutes ago, CBaron said:

So I've got a buddy of mine who has an extra pass (+lift tickets) to this sold out event in August.  His son can't make it and he's offering it up to me for free to go along with him.  I'm inclined to take him up on this.  But....you have to be there on a Yeti bike.  I don't have a Yeti bike.  

Has any one been to one fo these before?  Is it good enough of an event for me to try and solve this problem?  Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?  I REALLY don't plan to buy a Yeti...

https://yetitribe2019.yeticycles.com

Thanks

CJB

Stop off in Salida and rent a Yeti from Absolute?

2 minutes ago, CBaron said:

Thanks for nothing fellas...

-CJB

What size bike do you need?

Sluggo still has his SB5+ available. Great price for that bike. You could probably buy it, ride it at the gathering, and flip it when you get back. 

46 minutes ago, Ay Chihuahua said:

BSS Lamar rents the SB100 and 130.

I checked their website and they didn't have any Yeti's listed.  I guess they are available but not listed?

44 minutes ago, notyal said:

What size bike do you need?

Sluggo still has his SB5+ available. Great price for that bike. You could probably buy it, ride it at the gathering, and flip it when you get back. 

There's a bit of me that contemplated this route.  But it would be hard to pull off with the wife (considering I've been on a bike buying spree for the past year).  It would be a gamble too, and I'm not sure I've got the stomach for that.

31 minutes ago, TAF said:

Various SBs available from Absolute for $105 per day - it's about a half-day drive from there to Tride. I'll actually be up in Salida at that time, if you need to stop off.

Someone on MTBR mentioned that there may be shops in Telluride offering up rentals to this event.  I may make a few calls and see.  If that doesn't work, I may take you up on it.

Thanks
CJB

22 minutes ago, CBaron said:

I checked their website and they didn't have any Yeti's listed.  I guess they are available but not listed?

Yeah, I should have elaborated.  The Yeti's are in the demo fleet and are listed on the website under the Ride to Buy heading.  It might be a little pricey for what you want to do, but it also might be worth it to talk to them.  They'll usually work with you, depending on their reservation list.