IGNORED

When you are dialed

Sluggo

For slow rock crawl rides I've been experimenting with setting my fork up extra soft, slow rebound, and extremely progressive.  It makes the beginning of the travel very supple so it's easier to shove the wheel over that last obstacle at the end of a tough climb when you're out of momentum and position.

I haven't got my spider mountain settings dialed yet, but I'm gravitating towards higher PSI and much less progressive, still with pretty slow rebound.

My rear shock setup is less refined.  PSI to set sag to exactly what Yeti recommends, curb test for rebound (erring on the slow side) and I 3D printed a bunch of spacers to experiment with until I was routinely using most of the travel.  All compression damping always wide open.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

For slow rock crawl rides I've been experimenting with setting my fork up extra soft, slow rebound, and extremely progressive.  It makes the beginning of the travel very supple so it's easier to shove

So pretty much setting it up for all the trails here😁

Get it up in the travel for all the rocks but, keep it progressive enough to prevent the fork from packing up and flinging you OTB when you ram something square going 2mph.  

Edited by ATXZJ

1 hour ago, crazyt said:

I like a very slow rebound (lots of rebound damping). When I go over stuff I dont like to bounce. I can never remember but I think it means 2-3 clicks away from turtle.

Slower rebound has improved my confidence going down hill on the bigger stuff, but it totally messed up my timing when going up ledges.  I guess I was using that fast rebound to help prop me up.

Edited by AntonioGG
added more detail

Here are my settings so far, started off from base fox settings, tinkered a little and added 2 volume spacers to the rear shock and 1 volume spacer to the fork for my clydesness (shocks tend to work better for me with lower air volume). ~250 lbs loaded up with gear and these settings seem to be working out well so far. Not a super agreesive rider, just big. Use clipless more than flats, and find that with flats I tend to bottom out the rear shock more consistently. Still getting the compression dialed and started with the compression fully open on the fork, hence clicks from open. Sorry for the ramble, but curious what y’alls settings are!?

Fox 36 Grip2 with 2 volume spacers, 20% sag

low speed rebound: 6 clicks out from closed

high speed rebound: 4 clicks out from closed

low speed compression: 5 clicks out from open

high speed compression: 3 clicks from open

Fox Float X2 with 4 volume spacers, 30% sag

low speed rebound: 6 clicks out from closed

high speed rebound: 8 clicks out from closed

low speed compression: 12 clicks from closed

high speed compression: 10 clicks from closed