IGNORED

The Princess And The Pea... Change in Drive Experience

This might sound really trivial... But man am I bugged with my switch from a SRAM 9-speed drive to a Shimano 10-speed drive... But only in the shifter paddles design (length/angles) getting in the way of my thumb/index fingers. I've tried moving it around but it still feels odd. Never thought that it would feel so different moving from SRAM to Shimano... And I actually used Shimano only before buying the bike with the SRAM back in 2016. Can't say I remember feeling the SRAM shifter felt like it got in the way of my fingers when I first started using it, but I do remember having to get use to how they worked, which was a bit different to the Shimano shifter.

Shifter aside... 1x10 is great... I'm using a SunRace 11/46 cassette with Raceface NW 30t chainring and shifting has been excellent so far. But in riding SATN trail, I'm not getting out of my high gears much at all. I haven't gone to Walnut Creek (and won't be for the foreseeable future unfortunately), which is far more hilly. It's kind of funny... Even when I was riding 3x8 and then 3x9 drives, because most of my riding was in South Florida (meaning flat) I pretty much only used my middle ring. So for me, having one chainring is kind of normal. But these damn shifter paddle lengths/angles...

Edited by RidingAgain