IGNORED

"Walmart" bikes I built up for folks last year...

These are bikes I built up from frames — or frames plus parts — for people last year. Most of the parts I used I bought, but I also got some things donated, which I and the persons who got the bikes truly appreciate. Building older bikes is something I enjoy doing, and it mixes two of my favorite pastimes... Finding old things to restore and using tools to do the restoration. And I also like when the folks who get the bikes are really happy with what they've gotten. And it hopefully gets people outside more often.

BTW... "...Walmart..." is just riffing off of what someone on the forum said... With the exception of the Huffy cruiser, which is from Walmart, but I think had been given a beautiful dark burgundy paint job.

A trade off/barter deal... Needed to refit for petite female rider... Some parts changes... Servicing... $435

IMG_1798.jpg

Yellowbike frame find... Complete restoration... 1 x 9 drive... $125

IMG_2749.jpg

Garage find... Was going to sidewalk for garbage pick up... Needed some parts restoration/servicing... $125.

IMG_2910.jpg

Semi-restoration... Lots of chrome cleaning... Parts servicing... $85.

IMG_3034.jpg

Thrift shop find... Complete servicing... Truly a great very unique original vintage find... $125.

IMG_3481.jpg

Another thrift shop find... Some servicing... $85.

IMG_4323.jpg

Frame/fork bought... Parts bought and cleaned up... Complete servicing... 1 x 9 drive upgrade... $300.

IMG_4375.jpg

Edited by RidingAgain
  • Like 1