IGNORED

In All Seriousness...

If that's possible on this forum that is.

Once again the matter of trail use when the trails are wet has come up. And the person in charge of the specific trail is rightfully upset. And perhaps even more so because he was there and spoke to a rider regarding it and was somewhat ignored.

No...

I'm not here to promote an Austin trail user magazine... I'll do that in my other magazine specific thread.

But how about a simple handout... Like a tri-fold handout, like the one in the linked page?

It's easy to do. I can produce the content and art for it, and would even be willing to pay for it to be printed. I'd even take it around to the various bike shops for them to distribute to customers. And I'm not talking about some junky looking deal... I've worked on multi-million dollar marketing projects, I know how to produce good material.

And in addition to the bike shops distributing them, maybe riders can carry a few with them in their vehicles and distribute them at the trails, or whenever they see vehicles with bike racks, or to people they see on bikes. It's just a matter of getting the thought of proper trail use out there.

I'm bringing this to the attention of the austinmountainbike.com community so that folks here can give useful feedback on the idea and what the content should include. I have my thoughts, but am certainly open to the thoughts of others.

Something along the lines of these in terms of format...

The link gives you an idea of production cost.

https://www.uprinting.com/brochure-printing.html?attr3=custom&width=5.5&height=4&attr1=16148&attr7=151&attr4=162&attr5=170&attr400=68456&attr6=199&product_id=4&image_id=&iv=__iv_p_1_a_6516893685_g_77987061963_c_383476846073_k__m__w_pla-295750277979_n_u_d_c_v__l__t__r__x__y_336948_f_online_o_7288_z_US_i_en_j_295750277979_s__e__h_9028313_ii__vi__&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrL2SqZ6p5wIVD_DACh0KoQEqEAQYByABEgJo5_D_BwE

bike-repair-shop-tri-fold-brochure-template-7615-trans.png

brochure-templates-b.jpg

SF0152301-S.jpg

Edited by RidingAgain

Pursuing this, I got in touch with IMBA regarding trails and people riding on them when wet/muddy. They pointed me to some useful info, but it's not specific to Central Texas. If trail builders/maintainers can provide some info related to Central Texas trails in regards to not riding in wet/muddy conditions — thin top soil for example — it would be helpful.

Thanks.

And I also contacted the person at Austin Monthly regarding speaking with some of you for the article they'll be running on mountain biking in Austin. I asked her if they could possibly include a bit specific to trail use etiquette. She emailed back and said she had passed it onto her editor. Hopefully they will be able to help.

Edited by RidingAgain