IGNORED

Central Texas Pump Tracks?

jscottyk

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know any information on the status of the "bike playground" planned for Beverly Sheffield Park?  This has funding (2018 bond) and the final plan was adopted in Spring 2022.  I realize city government is about as slow as it gets for getting something done.  Should I forget about this and check back in 5 years from now?

Separately (not central Texas), but Sugarland TX is getting a Velosolutions pumptrack at Crown Festival Park.  I saw a post this week that it was in dirt form and ready to get asphalt.  May be done in a month or two? (https://www.instagram.com/p/CokmVjzuUbS/)

Not sure if it was mentioned previously, but for another non-central Texas option, there is a Velosolutions pumptrack in Paris TX.  It is in the park that has the Eiffel tower replica.  This track was used for a Redbull qualifier last year. 

19 minutes ago, mtb_jeremy said:

Does anyone know any information on the status of the "bike playground" planned for Beverly Sheffield Park?  This has funding (2018 bond) and the final plan was adopted in Spring 2022.  I realize city government is about as slow as it gets for getting something done.  Should I forget about this and check back in 5 years from now?

As far as I know, a 'youth bike playground' is in the works -- I wouldn't expect much.