IGNORED

SWCT and Detour

I decided to give SWCT another chance today and check out the detour.

513317110_ScreenShot2020-04-06at3_10_53PM.thumb.jpg.e055b1b8283b16a599a7aed0191708e6.jpg

You can see where the detour is when you get close to 183. I did a little exploring past the detour gate but turned around quickly because it became obvious that there was work happening and I did not need to be there.

I did the jump across 183 dodging traffic in a construction site, definitely dodgy, but doable. Crossing the northbound lanes was easy because there are lights south of there that allowed for a big gap in traffic for me to get to the middle ground (the neutral ground if you're from New Orleans...) The southbound traffic has no such light (I am guessing) and the traffic was a pretty constant stream so it took longer to get across. Once across, I went straight into the commercial area but turned around, took the sidewalk up 183 and dropped into the residential area. I need to refine all of this, but it was workable to get me a nice 20 mile lap.

All the fun things this virus is helping us learn.....

• Like 2