IGNORED

New Bike Day!

My four year old grandson got his new 16" bike today(up from a 12") from Peddlers in Cedar Park and he wanted to practice his mountain biking. That meant going off a curb and over a 2x4 for an hour straight!

Edited by quixoft
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, June Bug said:

Armor! Little gloves!  This is beyond wonderful and he's ready for some trails. This is the best new bike post ever. 

He wanted us to let him wear his ice hockey pads and we had to convince him they aren't for mountain biking. Although he still uses his elbow pads because we couldn't find any bike gear that would fit well on his little arms.

It's crazy how fast they learn. I expected him to have some trouble going to a bigger, heavier bike and having to acclimate a little but no. He's much more stable and confident on the bigger bike than his old 12" and he was zooming around immediately. I was trying to teach him level pedals or inside pedal up when turning as he was clipping his pedals in the street when turning and pedaling. But he thinks it's cool and just laughs every time they hit the ground and he does it on purpose. He crashed of course but at only 40 inches tall he doesn't have far to fall and just tries(and crashes) again. I crash once and I'm sore for at least a week. 

Edited by quixoft
  • Like 2