IGNORED

Northshore trails in the DFW area?

I occasionally visit the DFW area (particularly areas near the Grapevine Lake).  I have read reviews of this trail system, but could someone give me a sense for how these trails compare to what we have here?  I am trying to see whether it would be worthwhile to pack my bike next time I go up to that area.  Thanks!

I lived in Plano for a couple years back in ‘06-08. North shore was probably my favorite trail up there. OCNP was also good but it was short and very similar to WC here. North shore starts out on the east end of the lake as a very mellow trail and gets more technical the farther west you take it. It never gets as techy as the stuff around here can get, but it’s fun.

Bring the bike.

Also, Big Cedar is worth looking at as it actually has some decent elevation change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 hours ago, loop_out said:

I occasionally visit the DFW area (particularly areas near the Grapevine Lake).  I have read reviews of this trail system, but could someone give me a sense for how these trails compare to what we have here?  I am trying to see whether it would be worthwhile to pack my bike next time I go up to that area.  Thanks!

An article popped on my google feed yesterday that came from ntxtrails.com. Looks like they've got quite a bit of info on their site regarding the trails across that entire region. 

Edited by throet
  • Like 2