IGNORED

Can bike shops pay the bills just off service?

Dang. As a former business owner it always pains me to see someone go out of biz. I know the dreams, the work, and the money that went into to it.

But, I have never heard this shop mentioned before. And I have my ear to the ground of the biking community way more than most. I've driven on Bee Cave past it too (just looked it up) and never saw it either. 

sigh

10 hours ago, June Bug said:

Southwest CycleSport on Bee Cave Rd is closing its doors at the end of the month.  I've never been in the store, it's far away, but Jennifer, one of the owners, was a regular at Ride Like a Girl in years past and is a truly nice person. 

One the website, they mention that the lease on their store is up this month, and with all the changes going on (including, I assume, Bicycle Sport Shop opening a location close by on Bee Cave Rd) they've decided to close. 

I talked to them ~1 year ago about the location, the lease and so on.  They had a 5+ year old lease, when they went in there was no one out there.  Now with all the business' and people he knew the Lease was going to go up.

Then 6 months later hes had the opportunity to empty his inventory of new bikes, made good money on service.  Perfect time to get out.

• Like 1