IGNORED

Miscellaneous NBR

June Bug

Just miscellaneous place to post random stuff that COULD be useful, because I read this in the paper, it was pouring rain, I didn't get around to posting then, so here ya go: 

People steal tailgates from trucks.  The actual tailgates.  A replacement tailgate runs around $1300, so there's a thriving black market in tailgates, creating incentive to steal them.  Plus, apparently it's not that hard to remove them.  The  couple that was arrested for  a rash of tailgate thefts in the New Braunfels area (not so much Austin) did not look that smart in their mug shots, although smarter than some truck owners.  You can get aftermarket tailgate locks to prevent this. 

Nine people were injured in a 32-car pileup on Texas 130, near Harold Green Road on New Year's Eve around 1:09 AM.  Happy New Years!  That's a LOT of cars! This happened when people drove into a very dense patch of fog and everybody ran into the car in front.  Harold Green Road crosses Texas 130 halfway between Webberville Road and Hwy 71 and somewhat north of the Colorado River.   I use Texas 130 a few times a month, so this is scary, but useful information. 

Feel free to post random stuff that COULD be useful in a practical or entertaining way.  Or not. 

• Like 1