IGNORED

Gwin's scrub/nose bonk to manual

god-like skillset. Gwin is a true professional.

When i was in mt st anne for the race i could hear the locals talking about how they were as fast as some of the elites because of the times on their go-pros (rolls eyes). I cant even imagine hitting these courses at a fraction of the speeds the juniors do.

15 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

I cant even imagine hitting these courses at a fraction of the speeds the juniors do.

And with the control they have. Having been to Ft William in Scotland and seen the course there, I'm in awe at watching them fly through that rock infested moonscape at 25-30 mph. It's so incredibly humbling to see them do that and do it so casually. That's why when I laugh hard internally when I hear locals talk their big game here and say I could hang with Gwin/Neko Mullaly/<insert elite level pro here>.  No, you can't. Because until you have seen that in action, you have no in-person idea of just how fast these people go. And how precise they are at that speed. Yeah, they may be fast in comparison to someone like me or you, but in comparison to even someone like Valentina Holl- the junior women winner by a long shot (who won every race this year by a minimum of 10 seconds and would have podiumed in elite women in a bunch of them) they would be left in the dust.

• Like 1