IGNORED

2023 Dana Peak Bike Fest May 18-21 (Thurs--Sun)

The Tip

So let's do it again. This weekend was picked because it had the most RV spaces left. There's not many. If you have even a chance of going, book now, then cancel later if you can't.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/232570/availability

There are lots of tent camping sites available. Sites 21-25 are tent camping only, but with electric. Sites T1-T8 are basic tent camping only. Just a space on the ground with a fire ring.

RV sites can have more than one tent on them too. We've had tents on our RV site every year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm in with a tent site for the duration but will be looking for the slow group. New job is killing me, and I hardly ever get to ride anymore. In fact, this will be like a substitute for my normal, annual out-of-state MTB trip. Looking forward to it though, and hoping for some good weather. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to @The Tip and others from the SATN crew who put this event together. Ended up bailing out Sat afternoon after surviving the torrential rain Fri night. Was amazed at how well the trails rode Saturday despite all of the rain. Suppose the rain was blowing sideways during much of that storm, as evidenced by the number of people out there who had to abandon their tents. I was able to remain sheltered in my tent, but it took quite a bit of effort to get the inside dried out on Sat. Anyway, got 3 good rides in during the 2 days I was there. I definitely need to ride out there more given the relatively close proximity to Cedar Park. 

• Like 1