IGNORED

Orbea PSA

AntonioGG

My PSA is whatever you buy, get several because they come from Spain. I had a small part break and when I saw it was going to be 3+ weeks to get a replacement, I bought two so that if I broke another I would not have to wait.

The shock bolt was another part that several people had to replace and they recommended getting a spare to have on hand.

But, I have to say, the bike has been incredibly robust. I have probably put less money into this bike, post-purchase, than any other bike that I have ever owned. That is also a testament to getting good components to begin with. Still on the original derailleur that is over 4 years old.

• Like 1

They make aftermarket 37mm seat post clamps (and is indeed what I ordered 2 of) but nobody stocks them locally.  I normally also order spare derraileur hangers which I carry in my camelback for rides like the Dragonslayer or long rides on the BCGB.  Thanks for the tip on the shock bolt.  I'll order a couple of those too.

Here is where I saw the issue: https://www.mtbr.com/threads/orbea-occum-2020-snapped-shock-bolt.1147195/

This was on a 2020 and I have a 2019, they changed the design a lot in 2020 so I generally assumed that I was safe.

I did break a derailleur hanger bolt but I found that an old Honda or Nissan oil pan bolt was the same diameter with the same thread pitch. Adding a couple extra washers to take up the slack help get me back on the trail until the replacement was shipped to me. Knowing thread pitch is really important, with that data you can often find something that will work in a pinch.

• Like 1