IGNORED

New Trail In Progress @ Spider Mountain

This is the last feature, #5, we're building on this trail Code Named Tarantula.  The trail length is around 1,000 feet, so you'll get wooden features pretty much back to back.  This one starts with a 16' gentle ascent that you can gap to off a dirt entrance to a level board walk that rises 18" over 6' to a 6' level pad, up another 3.5' to a 24' level boardwalk.  If you got the pull, you can gap to the top.  From the top, it will descend slightly to a level pad to another down ramp to a dirt transition.  You should be able to gap from the top to the dirt if you have the gumption.  

We're hoping that we can make the finishing touches to the trail and have it open next week.

last.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, circuitbreaker said:

Any update on when the new trail opens?

Hoping to hit Spider on Sunday.

1 hour ago, BRAZOS1845 said:

Per the Spider Mountain Instagram account, it will be open this weekend!

That's a true statement.  We will probably be reworking one of the features before we open after we test rode the trail today.  The trail is stupid fast, so we need to tweak it a little.  

FYI, you can catch updates from me on Instagram (boots_mcleod) when we're building new trail and maybe doing other things.  I do tag Spider Mountain, but you have to check the tagged posts for my updates.

Edited by WhoAmI