IGNORED

Anyone have an electrician contact?

CBaron

I've got a GCFI curcuit in my guest bathroom that keeps getting thrown.  I've replaced the receptical and a few other outlets that seem old or maybe problematic.  I've unplugged everything I know of from that curcuit and still can't get it all to come back to life.  I've reached the end of my troublshooting ability.  

Anyone have suggestions on an electrician recommendation?  I contacted a few already, but they want $300 just to show up.  I have a hard time swallowing that number, I just don't think I have a $300 problem.  I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks
CJB
512-694-1319

We used Klock Electric in Austin when we had a lightning strike to fix some issues in the house, they were fast, did good work, and as I recall, pretty reasonably priced.

Also, Mark Bedell who posted on the old Mojo site as "silverback" is an electrician: https://www.facebook.com/mark.bedell1/

I think he works for a solar company these days so I don't know if he is in the service market but if you are friends with him you may want to reach out to him.

• Like 1

Had an electrical company come out to give me a per-job bid on this.  The cheapest was $688!  However, during my conversation with him on the front-end prior to the quote, I gleaned enough basic info to further my own troubleshooting.  With that and yet another YT video regarding GFCI outlets, I GOT IT FIXED!  The wife was impressed and thats truly all that matters.  (I wouldv'e lived without the electricity in the bathrooms)  🙂

Cheers,
CJB

• Like 2

YouTube has saved me hundreds in refrigerator repairs.

Now that I am mostly retired, I'm willing to try a lot of things because I have the time to putter around with them. Since I still do a little bit of consulting, I know what my "per hour" rate is so I can judge that against the amount of time and effort to get someone out to do things for us.

I still find that, despite having a decent bike workshop in the garage, I still take my FS to Bicycle House for anything suspension related. Or anything requiring me to remove the crankset because a.) it is impossible to get off even with a breaker bar and b.) DUB sucks. My next bike will definitely not have a press fit bottom bracket, that is the devil.

• Like 2