IGNORED

2022 Dana Peak Bike Fest May 20-22

The Tip

It was confusing using the original thread so I thought I should start one for this year's event.

May 20- 22, 2022 
That's Friday through Sunday.

It was a great fun the last time. That's why it got booked up very quickly when it was decided to do this.

If you are interested in tent camping, say something, and certainly one of the RV reserved spot people will offer you space on their spot.. There is plenty of room on these sites.
if you are interested in an RV space, say something, as some extra back up spaces have been reserved just for you. I know I have an extra one just waiting for someone to claim.

And of course you can just make a day of it. Come out to ride then stay for the campfire comradery.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've got an RV spot reserved for the weekend, but have to travel Sunday afternoon.  Might just show up Saturday morning, ride for a few hours and hang out afterwards for a bit.  

@The Tip,  About what time were you planning on riding Saturday morning and for about how long?  

Edited by JRIDER

4 hours ago, Barry said:

For sure I know my way around. It's certainly not necessary. I was just curious about the plan.

Hopefully there will be a few ride leaders that some of us can actually keep up with 😁

Anyway it goes though, I could find my way around if I had to. Hoping to at least get up their Sun morning when the temps are supposed to be a bit cooler. From what I remember being there last year, the trails will probably be OK with some scattered rain, which appears to be in the forecast for this weekend. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, throet said:

Hopefully there will be a few ride leaders that some of us can actually keep up with

Last year the "A" group had a trying-to-prove-himself baller of a ride leader. But we all wanted the single speeders to keep up and keep the group together, but that first few miles is quite flat. Basically everyone was going to drop. I was on his ass for a bit (I was in 2000% better shape last year (according to Strava and my recent feel-like-I'm-going-to-die efforts), but I decided to reel him in by letting him gap me. It was working reasonably well and he was dialing back some, but then he had an unrecoverable flat. And then the ride sweep on an e-bike tried to lead the ride but that didn't work for more than 10 minutes. That all happened in about 3 miles. And then I led the group for another 17 miles, and even managed to sniff out a bunch of the new east end stuff. I will not be leading an "A" group this year!

19 minutes ago, throet said:

the trails will probably be OK with some scattered rain, which appears to be in the forecast for this weekend. 

In the northeast I was comfortable driving for several hours under 30% chance of rain. But it seems that in Texas a 30% chance of rain usually means "It's gon' rain!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Nobody has said anything. Wrecky asked me about it and we were supposed to bring it up at a Crank and Drank. But then we just drank beer instead.

Pick a date and we'll make it happen. I forget if the consensues was to have it later to be warmer and less windy, or earlier to be cooler.

Site availability starts looking pretty good in May. It's a long haul bringing my trailer down from Tulsa, but if I do so, I'll at least finally make it to a Sunday morning at this event. 

If you wait too long after mid-May, you may end up losing tent participation due to summer temps approaching. 

Mention it at C&D and see if you have any takers. 

• Like 1